1 February 2020.
Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship
The Maastricht University (UM) Holland-High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s program at UM.
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 18,000 students and 4,400 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education. Thanks to its high-quality research and study programs as well as a strong focus on social engagement, UM has quickly built up a solid reputation. Today it is considered one of the best young universities in the world.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences.
- Faculty of Law.
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences.
- Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience.
- School of Business and Economics.
For more information about Masters’ program; click here.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- 13 months for a one-year Master’s programme.
- 25 months for a two-year Master’s programme.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2020.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence.
- Living expenses: € 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months) paid to students by the UM International Services Desk.
- Health & liability insurance: € 700, arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Visa application costs: € 171, arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Tuition fees: € 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800, depending on the tuition of your study program arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
- Pre-Academic Training costs: € 695, arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk.
First Step: Register for one of the participating Master’s programmes at Maastricht University.
Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form
Second Step: Please fill in the application form (log in with your UM account), upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application.
The documents needed are:
- Curriculum vitae: should not be longer than 2 A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation: should be no longer than 1 A4 page.
- Proof of academic excellence: You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence: 1. Your University transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first-class honors) for your entire study program; or, 2. A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study program.
- The contact details of one referee.
Third Step: You will have to contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter per email to ([email protected]) by midnight on 1 February 2020 (Central European Time).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Marwa Raafat / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hesham Galal / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team