30 June 2020.
Masters in Economics Africa, Americas and South/South East Asia Excellence Scholarships – Leeds University Business School
Scholarships are available for the most talented candidates. Leeds University considers all eligible applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and excellent personal and professional skills.
The School is a faculty of the University of Leeds, one of the leading higher education institutions in the UK, ranked in the top 100 universities in the world (QS rankings 2020) and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
12 months full time.
- Particularly deserving international applicants to the previously mentioned Masters programmes in 2020/2021
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for the relevant Masters programme for 2020/2021.
- Demonstrate an excellent academic track record.
- Show excellent professional and personal skills evidenced through work experience and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrate the potential to contribute to the social and cultural diversity of their Masters programmes.
- University entry requirements:
- To be accepted onto any of their postgraduate Masters degrees, you need a good UK bachelor degree (minimum 2:1) or international equivalent qualification. If you don’t have a bachelor degree you may be considered on the basis of your work experience and the relevance of the course to your role.
- If you are an international student and/or English is not your first language, you need to pass an approved test to demonstrate that your level of English is suitable for postgraduate study. Acceptable minimum qualifications:
- IELTS: Overall 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each section.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: 64 on PTE Academic, with at least 60 in each of the skills.
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE): Grade C or above.
- TOEFL iBT: At least 92 overall with a minimum of 21 in Listening, 21 in Reading, 23 in Speaking and 22 in Writing.
- For course specific requirements, click here.
- A number of full-fee scholarships towards the cost of tuition fees.
First Step: University Application
- You can apply for a Masters course online. As an international applicant the university recommends you use the services of their overseas representatives to make your application.
- Check that your qualifications match the entry requirements for the course you are applying for.
- When reviewing applications particular attention will be paid to academic performance and the personal statement. Given the competition for places, preference will be given to applicants who have or who are projected to exceed the minimum requirements.
- Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your degree certificate and transcript, or a partial transcript if you’re still studying
- A personal statement
- Two academic references
- An up-to-date CV
- Your approved English Language test
- As part of your online application you will be able to upload scanned documents.
- Applicants who have not yet completed an approved English language test may apply for a Masters course prior to taking a test.
Second Step: Scholarship Application
You will be automatically considered for these scholarships when they review your application for the relevant Masters course. You are not required to make a separate application. They allocate scholarships on a rolling basis throughout the application cycle. They recommend to make your application for the relevant Masters course as early as possible if you wish to be considered for this scholarship.
Third Step: Results
Successful applicants can expect to be notified of their scholarship award within two weeks of receiving notification of their conditional or unconditional offer for the relevant Masters course. Successful applicants must accept their scholarship within two weeks of receiving the scholarship offer.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Akram Salah / Egypt“
Reviewed by” Ghada Raafat/ Eygpt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team