31 December 2019
Melbourne Mobility Awards
The University of Melbourne offers a suite of scholarships and grants for students undertaking overseas study as part of their undergraduate or graduate coursework course. Some scholarships are awarded on academic merit and others to assist students who are experiencing disadvantage circumstances.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Architecture, building, planning and design.
- Arts, humanities and social sciences.
- Business and economics.
- Information Technology and Computer Science.
- Music and visual and performing arts.
- Veterinary, agricultural.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Scholarships are awarded on a monthly basis. You should receive an outcome by email within 6 weeks of submitting your completed Melbourne Mobility Award application form.
The Melbourne Mobility Awards are only paid after you have received approval from the University of Melbourne for credit for the overseas program and you are enrolled in University of Melbourne subject(s) for which the Scholarship was awarded. This will be exchange or study abroad placeholder subjects or a University of Melbourne overseas subject.
- Be enrolled at the University of Melbourne in either an undergraduate degree or a graduate coursework degree.
- Intend to study overseas as part of a University of Melbourne Exchange or Fee-paying program or a University of Melbourne subject with an overseas component that will be credited towards your University of Melbourne degree.
- Apply for a Melbourne Mobility Award before commencement of the overseas study program.
- Have not received a Melbourne Mobility Award for overseas study that was part of your current course.
- Have not received a New Colombo Plan Grant for the same overseas program.
- Have not received a New Colombo Plan Grant or Endeavour Student Exchange Program funding that was part of your current course (applies to Lin Martin Global Scholarship only).
up to $6,000.
- $1,000 for students undertaking overseas study for up to 12 weeks, or.
- $2,500 for students undertaking overseas study for 12 weeks or more.
The Melbourne Global Financial Assistance Grant, John and Betty McCreery Travelling/ Study Scholarship and Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship provides a one-off payment of up to $5,000.
The University House Travel Scholarship and Aitchison Travelling Scholarship provide a one-off payment of up to $5,000.
First Step: You must apply for the Melbourne Mobility Awards by completing the online application form before you depart Australia.
Second Step: If you wish to apply for a scholarship on the basis of financial disadvantage, personal difficulties or disability or medical condition, you will be asked to provide supporting documents such as a Centrelink statement or medical certificates as part of the online application.
Third Step: In completing an application for a Melbourne Mobility Award, you will be considered for all Melbourne Mobility Awards for which you are eligible. You do not need to apply for individual awards.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt and Samah Gacem/ Algeria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team