March 18, 2020.
AUB MEPI-TLG LiDS
MEPI-TLG is a graduate leadership training program. Its objective is to support academically qualified and economically deserving students from the MENA region by providing them with graduate master’s level education and directed research that aim at advancing knowledge, nurturing leadership skills, and contributing to the implementation of initiatives with societal impact.
The AUB MEPI-TLG program aims to nurture graduate Leaders in Data Science (LiDS) and therefore emphasizes on research in the areas of data analysis, data exploration, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and more.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Data Science;
- Data Analytics;
- Machine Learning;
- Artificial Intelligence.
The program grants forty-three scholarships to academically qualified and economically deserving students who apply to any of the seventeen eligible graduate study programs at AUB spanning the faculties of:
- Agricultural and Food Sciences (FAFS),
- Arts and Sciences (FAS), Health Sciences (FHS),
- Maroun Semaan Faculty of Engineering and Architecture (MSEFA),
- The Olayan School of Business (OSB).
Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (residing outside Syria), Tunisia, or Yemen.
The duration of the program depends on how long it takes to complete the master’s program as a full-time student. In most cases, it is two years, but this can vary.
- Be one of the eligible countries stated above.
- U.S. citizens and Green Card holders are not eligible for the program.
- Academically promising student as per AUB’s admissions guidelines.
- Economically disadvantaged student as per MEPI and AUB’s Financial Aid policies.
- Students with potential to address local, national, and/or regional problems.
MEPI-TLG at AUB offers full scholarships to awarded applicants. This includes:
- Full tuition coverage;
- Housing at AUB for the academic year (4 months of regular semesters, 1 or 2 winter semesters plus additional if summer courses are needed or your research programs/internship requires that you reside on campus);
- Health insurance;
- Tickets, entrance visa and residency permit fees where applicable;
- $500 USD monthly stipend for meals & living for the academic months;
- Laptop computer;
- Yearly round trip ticket from and to your home country where applicable;
- Civic leadership workshops;
- International travel, internships, and conferences.
First Step: Completing the Online Graduate Admission Application
- Create your Online Graduate Application (OGA) and select programs that are eligible to MEPI-TLG;
- Proceed to the “Financial Opportunities” section and indicate your interest in MEPI-TLG by ticking the APPLY checkbox(es) available next to the scholarship(s) name(s);
- Wait for the page to reload;
- Upload the required documents in .pdf format (CV and essays as detailed on OGA);
- Click “Save” to confirm your changes;
- Submit and pay the corresponding fees of your online graduate admission application.
Second Step: Email Notification
After you finalize the submission of your Online Graduate Admission Application, you will be granted access to the AUB MEPI-TLG Financial Aid Application. An email notification will be sent to you with all the related details.
Third Step: Completing AUB Graduate Financial Assessment Application
- Access to the following link, click Here
- If you are/were an AUB student, enter your AUB ID and AUB SIS code. If you cannot remember your AUB SIS, contact the Office of the Registrar and request a password reset;
If you are a new applicant, enter your User ID (Your User ID is your Application Code on the Online Graduate Application) and enter your PIN which is set to your birthdate (MMDDYY);
- Click on “Login”;
- Choose “Student Award and Financial Aid” tab;
- Click on “Apply for Student Aid”;
- Select the scholarship you are applying to from the dropdown menu and click “Continue”;
(If you are applying to more than one scholarship, you need to complete one application and then apply for the next. When applying to the next, you will find that your data is prefilled, save each section and make sure to submit when done)
- Select Aid Year “Academic Year 2020-2021″;
- Select Aid Period “Fall” and click “Continue”;
- Complete and submit your AUB Graduate Financial Assessment Application;
- Click on “Print Application” to print out a hardcopy of your application as you may be required to submit this if you are shortlisted.
- After applications are thoroughly reviewed, the selection process is conducted based on the candidate’s financial status, academic promise, and civic engagement, among other criteria.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview in person or online after which the selection committee will issue final decisions.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
MARJ3 Scholarships team