Middle of June, 2019
METI Government of Japan Internship Program 2019
Although the number of Japanese companies expanding overseas business has increased in recent years due to the shrinkage of the domestic market, the shortage of “global talent” who is responsible for overseas development, especially for Small-and Medium-Sized Enterprises, has become a challenge.
Main responsibilities of interns:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager.
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in full-time internship during the designated period.
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior represented as a recipient of public funds from Japanese government.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
The Program matches the intern with host companies in various fields such as:
– Wholesale retail
– Research and Technical Support
– Hotel and Food service
– Medical and Nursing Care
– Education and Learning Support
– Life related Service
– Real Estate
– Compound service
– Finance and insurance
English Or Japanese.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
Sessions will be starting from September to November or October to December depending on the schedule.
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program with willingness to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of June 14, 2019.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to undertake required training and full-time internship at the host company.
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Person who previously participated in this program can not apply this year.
The Opportunity covers:
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living expenses. This amount will be paid for the entire duration of the internship
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance.
- Internship insurance.
- Transportation and accommodation expenses associated with training program.
First Step: Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Office website.
Second Step: Selection will be conducted through document screening, primary interview (local language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
Third Step: In accordance with registration information and the results of interviews, the Program Office will set up ideal matching, and will notify host companies and intern applicants of the results of matching. After mutual agreement has reached, matching will be accepted.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rokaia Yasser / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Salma Aittaleb / Morocco “
” Samira Shehta / Egypt “
MARJ3 Scholarships team