November 15, 2018.
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science – two Postdoctoral Fellows.
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin is delighted to offer two postdoctoral fellows the opportunity to study in Germany starting on September 1, 2019, for three years.
Founded in 1994, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) in Berlin is one of the more than 80 research institutes administered by the Max Planck Society. It is dedicated to the study of the history of science and aims to understand scientific thinking and practice as historical phenomena.
For questions concerning the research project and Department III, please contact Prof. Dagmar Schäfer ([email protected]); for technical questions regarding the application portal, for administrative questions concerning the position and the Institute, please first contact the Department secretary ([email protected]).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Economic history
- Regional studies
- Other relevant fields
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply; applications from women are especially welcome.
- Candidates should hold a doctorate in the history of science or related field at the time the position begins (PhD awarded in 2016 or later), and be able to show evidence of scholarly excellence in the form of initial international publications.
- Research projects should relate to the research agenda of Department III.
- Outstanding junior scholars with suitable experience in science-, technology-, economic history, STS, anthropology, regional studies, or other relevant fields are invited to apply.
Candidates are requested to submit their applications online using the following link, Please click Here.
Your application should contain:
- Cover letter (indicating in which project you are interested)
- Curriculum vitae including list of publications
- Research prospectus (maximum 750 words)
- Sample of writing
- Names and contact details of at least two referees
Note that only electronic submissions will be accepted. Only successful candidates will be notified.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Alyaa Abdelraouf/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Rehab Ali/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team