31 December 2020.
The United States or Canada.
MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship.
Scholarships awarded annually to female international/DACA students who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program(Bachelor, Master or PhD) at a program MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada.
In keeping with MPOWER’s commitment to empower high-potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations — and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators — this scholarship program focuses on women who will use their STEM degree to benefit society and the planet and who have the potential to serve as role models and advocates for women in STEM.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Physical Sciences.
- Agricultural Science.
- Computer Science.
- Data Science.
- Applied or Theoretical Mathematics.
This does not include medical or nursing programs.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Depending on the program.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be female
- Be enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at one of MPOWER’s partner universities for the remainder of the student’s undergraduate study and/or for a graduate degree program
- Have one of the following immigration statuses:
- For study at a U.S. partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) recipient status.
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder.
- You do not need to be an MPOWER borrower or applicant to apply for the MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship as long as you meet the eligibility criteria set forth above.
- The quality of the applicant’s written essays; essays should demonstrate clarity of thought. compelling goals and vision, and superior writing skills in English.
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction.
- The applicant’s potential to make significant contributions in a STEM field that will benefit people and/or the planet.
- The applicant’s track record and/or potential as a role model and advocate for women and girls in STEM.
- The first-place winner will be awarded a $3,000.
- Two additional winners will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
Note: MPOWER shall pay the Prize on winner’s behalf, directly to winner’s school of enrollment.
First Step: Fill the application form Here,you will provide your personal data.
Second Step: Answer an essay question about your qualifications, Future Plans and expectations.
Third Step: Upload your Resume.
Required documents In case of acceptance,
- A copy of her passport.
- A copy of the visa to confirm eligibility (gender and STEM field).
- An acceptance letter and/or transcript to confirm she is enrolled/accepted at a partner university.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Ghazal/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Nedaa Megahed/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team