24 August 2018
NASA Space Apps Challenge 2018: Host Application
Space Apps is an international hackathon that occurs over 48 hours in cities around the world. Coders, scientists, designers, storytellers, makers, builders, technologists, and everyone enthusiastic about curiosity come together to address challenges we face on Earth and in space!
Part of the Open Government Partnership, Space Apps is an annual event that pulls citizens together regardless of their background or skill level. Don’t let the name fool you… it’s not just about apps! Tackle a challenge using robotics, data visualization, hardware, design and many other specialties! Inspire each other while you learn and create using stories, code, design and, most of all, YOUR ideas. Show us your problem-solving skills and share your talents with the world!
All world countries
48 hours From 19 till 21 October 2018
- Do you have what it takes to host a successful International Space Apps Challenge event?
- Participating as a local lead can require a significant time investment, We estimate that you will spend at least 10 hours per week planning for the event, with more time the weeks immediately prior.
- This might be less if you have a strong volunteer team working with you.
To get started, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do I have enough time to run this event?
2. Do I have a source of willing volunteers to help with event planning and logistics?
3. Are there any organizations or sponsors I can partner with to help make the event possible?
4. Do I have (or can I find) a venue available for the 48+ hours of the event? (And does it have stable wifi and enough internet bandwidth to support all participants for the duration of the event?)
5. What other logistical elements will be important to the participants at my event? (access to transport, access to food options, etc…)
6. How will I reach out to the right people to participate in the event?
1- No registration fees.
2- The Flight to the international hackathon is covered for national winners.
Submit the application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohammad Orabi / Syria “
Reviewed by” Mayar Abdalla/ The Netherlands ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team