1 December 2018.
United States of America.
National Alumni Scholarships
The Drake University National Alumni Association awards prestigious scholarships to outstanding students. Students are invited to participate in this program and applicants do not have to be related to Drake alumni to be eligible for this award. The National Alumni Scholarship process is competitive and awards are given through the National Alumni Scholarship program.
Drake University is recognized as one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the Midwest. A midsized, private university in Des Moines, Iowa, we offer the benefits and resources of a larger institution along with the advantages of intimate class sizes and close personal relationships.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Art History
- Biochemistry Cell and Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Environmental Science and Sustainability
- Graphic Design
- International Relations
- Law, Politics and Society
- Mathematics Education (Secondary)
- Music, Applied (Instrumental, Strings, Piano or Vocal Music)
- Music Education-Instrumental or Choral
- Music Major with Elective Studies in Business
- Quantitative Economics
- Rhetoric, Media, and Social Change
- Studio Art (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture)
- Sustainability and Resilience
- Theatre Acting
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Arts with Teaching Certificate
- Theatre Design & Technology
- Theatre Directing
- Theatre, Musical
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Up to 4 years
All scholarships are renewable for three additional years if the recipient is enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits each term and maintains the required minimum cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale ranging from 2.0 to 3.25 depending on the award received.
- National Alumni Scholars are selected by Drake’s National Alumni Scholarship Committee on the basis of high scholastic achievement, extracurricular and community activities, leadership, communication skills, and potential for contributing to the academic and extracurricular life of Drake University. Whether an applicant is related to a Drake alumna/alumnus has no bearing on selection.
National Alumni Scholarship students must:
- Have one of the following minimum test scores:
- ACT composite score of 31 (without writing)
- SAT math and critical reading combined score of 1390 (exams taken March 2016 or later)
- Rank in the top 5 percent of their class AND/OR have a cumulative grade point average of 3.8 or above on a 4.0 scale (a weighted grade point average on a 4.0 scale is considered)
- Submit the National Alumni Scholarship application no later than 11:59 p.m. December 1, 2018
- Either be admitted to Drake University or submit a complete Drake University application for admission (and all required application documents) by December 1, 2018. Applicants must apply through standard path admission.
- Participate in one of the National Alumni Scholarship Days on Saturday, February 2, 2019, or Saturday, February 9, 2019. Notification of the scholarship competition results is in mid-March
The National Alumni Scholarship awards the following annually:
- 2 Full Ride (tuition, room, and board) Alumni Scholarships
- 3 Full Tuition George Carpenter Scholarships
- All students who fulfill all qualifications, and participate in one of the two National Alumni Scholarship Days, will receive a $3,000 Trustee Scholarship.
First Step: Complete one of the following:
Second Step: create an account
Third Step: Start New Application
fourth step: submit The required Documents
First-year students are required to complete an online application, submit transcripts, submit ACT or SAT scores (or complete a test-flexible interview if eligible), and submit a personal essay. A letter of recommendation is encouraged but not required. Each section below provides specific information for each required element of your application.
Fifth Step: Send directly to Drake University, Office of Admission, 2507 University Ave., Des Moines, Iowa 50311-4505 USA:
- Application for admission (students must choose the standard admission path)
- Official school transcript (and officially certified external examination results for international students)
- Official ACT or SAT test results (may be submitted on official school transcript)
The National Alumni Scholarship application must be submitted online by no later than 11:59 p.m. CST December 1, 2018.
Applicants must ensure that all admission materials and the National Alumni Scholarship application materials are postmarked by December 1, 2018.
Apply Now For Drake University Application
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Muhammad Adel/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basant Hatem/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team