Apply Now Until April 5, 2019 for August Semester, 2019.
Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science and Information Systems : CSIS) – NIDA
The School of Applied Statistics at the National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok, Thailand, is now offering Full Scholarships to qualified applicants who want to pursue a Ph.D. in Computer Science and Information Systems.
The National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA) was established following His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s vision of advancing Thailand’s development through the establishment of an advanced educational institution to prepare people to become agents of change for national development.
The objective of the program is to provide an educational environment that encourages students to develop their ability to contribute to the advancement of the fields.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Computer Science and Information Systems:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Computer network and security
- Multimedia and image processing
- Computer graphics and animation
- Database systems
- Information systems management
- User Interface Design
- Information security management
- Knowledge management
- Software architecture
- Distributed and parallel computing
- Operating systems
You can visit the specialization site here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Open for Thai and International graduates with a master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering, and Information Technology or in the related fields from a university or institution accredited by Thailand’s Commission on Higher Education (CHE). Applicants who graduated from universities or institutions, which are not currently accredited by the Commission, must provide a letter of accreditation for the received degrees that is issued by the Commission. the letter of accreditation can be submitted after enrollment to be students in the program.
- To apply for the doctoral scholarship, the recipient must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 for the Bachelor’s degree and 3.5 for the Master’s.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must conform to NIDA’s announcement on English proficiency requirements as follows:
- Unless applicants are native English speakers or have obtained their bachelor’s and/or master’s degrees not more than five years from international academic institutions where English was the language of instruction and study, they are required to submit a test score of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or TOEFL/ITP or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum TOEFL score is 550 for the paper and-pencil test or 213 for the computer based test or 79 for the Internet based test. For TOEFL/ITP, the minimum score is 550 and for the IELTS, the minimum score is 6.5 points.
- Applicants, who do not meet the English proficiency requirements but acquire the TOEFL score at 450-549 for the paper-and-pencil test, or 174 – 212 for computer based test, or 65 -78 for the Internet based test, or 450 – 549 for TOEFL/ITP, or 5.5 – 6.4 points for IELTS, may be accepted to the program. However, they must register for English courses in accordance with the requirement of the curriculum on remedial courses and are required to resubmit the TOEFL/ITP score of 530 or above prior to their graduation from the program.
- Scholarship recipients shall be given exception from tuition fees throughout the entire program. A monthly allowance of 10,000 baht shall be also awarded to each recipient.
- Health insurance is not included. Extra-curricular activity fees are left to the discretion of each program/school.
Apply for the program/ Scholarship:
- The application form can be downloaded here.
- Applying in Person: Application can be made in person at Educational Service Division between 8.30 – 16.30 hrs (except government holidays). Application is free of charge.
- Application can also be made via post by submitting the application form together with required documents. The application via post should be mailed to:
Director of Educational Service Division, NIDA
118 Seri Thai Road
Klongchan, Bangkapi District
- Online application is also available here.
- Required Documents
- Official transcripts of all university studies
- Official TOEFL, TOEFL/ITP (NIDA) or IELTS test scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two 1-inch photos taken not more than six months prior to the application date.
- Note: The completed application form along with all required documents must be sent to NIDA within the due date. The applicant should keep a copy of all documents sent.
- Note: In the application form, you will be asked to
- Provide summary details of your research proposal (if available) or academic reason to apply for the program.
- Give an outline of your future career plan and intentions and explain how your proposed studies will help to achieve this aims.
- In not more than 500 words, describe how your interests and achievements, both academic and extra-curricular, demonstrate a capacity for leadership, commitment to using your knowledge to serve your community and to applying your talents to improve the lives of others.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohammed Kseibati / Syria “
Reviewed by” Sohair Ahmed ElMeligy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team