10 July 2019.
NIG Postdoctoral Fellow 2020 – National Institute of Genetics
The National Institute of Genetics (herein” NIG”) employs young promising researchers as NIG postdoctoral research fellows (herein” NIG postdocs”) and involve them in research activities at the institute for a limited amount of time, aiming at further development of research at NIG and fostering researchers with excellent research ability.
The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) was established by the Ministry of Education in 1949 for integrated and applied study of theory and basic research in genetics, as well as its instruction and promotion.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Genome Informatics
- DNA Data Analysis
- Population Genetics
- Plant Genetics
- Evolutionary Genetics
- Ecological Genetics
- Symbiosis and Cell Evolution
- Model Fish Genetics
- Cell Dynamics and Signaling
- Plant Cytogenetics
- Mammalian Neural Circuits
- Multicellular Organization
- Brain Function
- Molecular and Developmental Biology
- Microbial Physiology
- Mouse Genomics Resource
- Genome Dynamics
- Cell Architecture
- Molecular Cell Engineering
- Invertebrate Genetics
- Systems Neuroscience
- Chromosome Biochemistry
- Quantitative Mechanobiology
See all the opportunity focus areas here.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Period of employment is up to 3 years from the initial date of hire with reappointment on an annual basis. Start date (the day start working at NIG) is April 1st, 2020, however, it may be changed to any date between November 1st, 2019 and October 1st, 2020, if particularly requested.
- Those who have obtained PhD degree (or equivalent) or are expected to obtain it. The degree must be obtained before the date of arrival at the post.
- Those who have sufficient research skills to pursue research projects of genetics.
- Annual salary approx. 4,100,000 JPY including tax will be paid. Commuting allowance (conditional), mutual society of health insurance, compensation insurance and employment insurance will be covered.
- Applications must be filled out in Japanese or English.
- Do not change the layout, size (A4) and number of pages.
- Figures can be inserted and color can be used in Format 2 and 4.
- 2 Reference Letters from Supervisor & Host PI.
Second Step: Send the files after merging them into a single PDF file to this email : [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Samah Gacem / Algeria “
Reviewed by “ Hagar Mohamed Khalil / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team