7 January 2019.
NICINTERN 2019, National Institute of Genetics.
National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG.
The program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators, At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program, Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG, Japanese language classes are also available.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Life sciences.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From June 20 to July 31 2019.
For more information about the time schedule click here.
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences.
- Applicants must be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in the PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
- Costs of airfare.
- Local transportation fares between the airport in Japan and NIG.
- Lodging in the institute’s guesthouse.
- Travel insurance during the program.
- Allowance for meals (ca. 1,500JPY/day, subject to change).
To receive financial support, interns must agree to fulfill the following requirements:
- To dedicate their full efforts to the NIGINTERN program.
- To participate in the project for the full intern term (on a full-time basis, five days a week until the end of designated term).
- To give an oral presentation on the scheduled day.
- To submit an essay and questionnaire at the end of the internship term.
First Step: Make sure that you have general information such as current postal address, field of interests and preferred host laboratory where you wish to study.
Second Step: Register in the online application platform by click on the “User Registration” and get a login password.
*After the registration, a confirmation e-mail with your application number and password will be sent to your e-mail address.
Third Step: Fill in the online application form and upload the following materials:
- Letter of Motivation / Self advertisement within 500 English words.
- Curriculum Vitae: Includes education record starting from high school. Be sure to indicate your current academic year.
- Scanned Academic Transcript: Submit the latest undergraduate or postgraduate transcript that you can obtain.
- Two recommendation letters of your teachers.
* In the initial registration, you are requested to enter the name of two recommenders and their E-mail addresses as well. Talk to your recommenders before you register and ask them to write a recommendation letter for you. As soon as you register, the recommenders will receive an e-mail asking to enter the recommendation for you.
* A guide line for the registration through the online application form from here.
* Students interested in applying for this program must read, understand and agree to the conditions and requirements of the program.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Fathy Mohamed/ Egypt “
Reviewed by”Waad Othman/ Syria”
MARJ3 Scholarships team