October 1, 2018
Jorma Ollila Grant from Nokia Foundation
The Jorma Ollila special fund was created to support recently graduated doctors to further develop their research careers. These personal grants are awarded for the purpose of gaining international experience and research excellence for a period of 1-3 years.
In addition to financial support, the new special fund will support the selected applicants through the contact network of Nokia Foundation.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Information and telecommunications technologies.
- Data Science and AI
- Network Technologies
- Digital Design
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
All applications should comply with the charter of Nokia Foundation. In particular, the research should;
- Relate to information and telecommunications technologies — this can include multidisciplinary research that strongly bridges other related fields, like social, behavioral, economics and service sciences, to information and communications technologies
- Support and promote education and research within Finland.
- Relate to one of the following focus areas of the Jorma Ollila special fund:
- Data Science and AI, including research on novel methods, tools, applications and implementations of data science, machine learning and augmented as well as artificial intelligence.
- Network Technologies, including research on future networking and communication technologies for fixed and wireless connectivity.
- Digital Design, including research on enablers and practices of information and communication driven technologies, methods and systems for the digital revolution.
- Doctoral candidates, who have not yet publicly defended their doctoral thesis but have received permission to do so, may also apply for a grant. In such cases, pre-examiners’ statements on the thesis must be enclosed with the application. The grant will not be funded until after the doctoral degree is completed.
Maximum amount granted per year from the Jorma Ollila fund is: 20309,40 EUR
First Step: Register a new online account from here.
Second Step: Fill out the information and attachments required for the application and then send it.
- Working plan for the visit
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
- One reference
- Invitation from the receiving university or institution
- Doctoral thesis pre-examiners statement (in case of doctoral candidates) or official opponent’s statement (for others)
At least one reference must be included in your application. References may be uploaded directly by their author using the application tool. A username and password will be issued by the application tool once the application has been finalized.
Scholars who will receive a grant for more than one year must send an intermediate report to the Nokia Foundation Board towards the end of each grant year.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Mamdooh /Egypt “
Reviewed by” Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team