7 Jan 2019
Research Nurse for pre-clinical PET – Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience
The Department of Clinical Neuroscience (CNS) conducts research and education in the field of neuroscience from the molecular level to the society level is provide an opportunity to work for Research Nurse in a creative environment and offer further training if needed. We are now looking for a licenced nurse to work as our new research nurse.
The clinical research and education is conducted in collaboration with other research groups from the Karolinska Institutet, with other universities as well as the Stockholm County Council.
Positive emission tomography (PET) is an imaging technique used to investigate brain function and/or biomarkers in healthy subjects and patients with different diseases. The Positron emission tomography (PET) – group at Karolinska Institutet is one of the world-leading groups in the research area. Development of new tracers opens new possibilities for studying biochemical processes in vivo in the living human brain.
PET research is translational and examination of small animal models and non-human primates is important for development of new PET tracers and evaluation of the pharmacological properties of new drugs.
The job consists mainly of working with modern anesthesia techniques on non-human primates and includes their preparation, intubation, inhalation anesthesia, monitoring of anesthesia, but also research documentation in connections with PET studies.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Clinical Neuroscience
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
longer than 6 months.
- Temporary position longer than 6 months.
- At Karolinska Institutet a 6-month trial period is required for all permanent positions.
- You have a nursing degree with qualification in anesthesia and knowledge of animal research.
- Good English skills are a requirement since the research group consists of different nationalities.
- The job requires knowledge, skills and experience in modern veterinary anesthesia techniques including peri-operative animal care, gas stations, ventilators, cannulations, intubations, monitoring and dealing with emergencies.
- Experience with placement of venous and arterial catheters is required.
Monthly Salary to be determined later
- The application is to be submitted in Varbi recruitment system, Go and Creat your Account.
- An employment application must contain the following documents:
1. A complete curriculum vitae.
2. A Cover Letter
For more Info. Contact:
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Badr/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team