September 18th, 2018
The Obama Foundation Fellowship 2019
The Obama Foundation Fellows are a diverse set of leaders who bring a community-centered approach to science, criminal justice, healthcare, education, the arts, and more. Together they model the powerful truth that each of us has a role to play in civic life.
The program selects 20 community-minded rising stars from around the world for a two-year, non-residential program, designed to amplify the impact of their work and inspire a wave of civic innovation.
The Fellowship is not a full-time commitment, but active and engaged participation is key to creating a meaningful Fellowship experience. Fellows commit to:
- Participating in the full programming of the four Fellowship gatherings
- Devoting a few hours each month to ongoing training and programming
- Sharing responsibility for creating a supportive, collaborative community of Fellows
- Collaborating with the Foundation throughout the Fellowship to evaluate and refine the program for future classes
- Contributing their leadership, creativity, and voice to other Foundation programs. In this inaugural cohort, we’re looking for Fellows who are eager to explore the roles they can play in the broader ecosystem of the Foundation — whether serving as mentors, facilitating local trainings, or writing about their work for a wider audience
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Civic engagement
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
The two-year, non-residential Obama Fellowship offers hands-on training, resources, and leadership development to help Fellows scale the impact of their work. Fellows participate in four multi-day gatherings where they collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow pursues a personalized plan to leverage the Fellowship experience to take their work to the next level.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
- Applicants should not be current participants in other Obama Foundation programming.
- Fellows from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English, as all programming will be conducted in English.
- Applicants should participate in the full programming of the four Fellowship gatherings.
- The Foundation is looking for participants who are:
1) Civic Innovators: The Foundation is looking for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
2 )Discipline Diverse: The Foundation need people working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
3) At tipping point in their work: Successful applicants have already demonstrated meaningful impact in their communities, gaining recognition among their peers for their contributions.
4) Talented, but not connected: The Foundation is committed to expanding the circle of opportunity to include new and varied voices.
5) Good Humans: The Foundation is building an authentic community. A strong moral character is essential for the strength of this community, the integrity of the program, and the longevity.
The Foundation will cover transportation and accommodation for the in-person convenings.
The Foundation does not cover any visa costs; it can provide support in procuring visas.
Note: It is important to the foundation that applicants with disabilities can fully participate in our process. The Foundation will provide reasonable accommodations deemed necessary for qualified applicants and Fellows to participate in the selection process and in the Fellowship. If you are a qualified applicant and require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the foundation team here.
First step : Take the Foundation Eligibility Quiz to find out more about the criteria and whether you meet the basic requirements to apply to the Fellowship.
Second step: Create an account to start your application.
Third step: Start Filling in the application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
Reviewed by” Shimaa Elgizawy/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team