10 April 2019
One World Media Fellowship
One World Media is a non-profit organisation that supports international journalism and promotes media coverage of global issues. For 30 years they have been working with partners in the UK and internationally to enable media that informs and connects the world’s people.
One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers, who seek to make a career out of reporting the global south, raising awareness about the developing world and breaking down prejudices.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Film making
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
You have one calendar year to complete your proposed media and deliver either a short film, a print article, an audio or a multimedia piece.
- Journalists and filmmakers ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from developing countries
- open to applications from all around the world
- 3 places reserved for international Fellows from and based in developing countries
- Seek to tell original stories in a way that will engage the intended audience
- Highlight the voices of people living in the developing world, particularly voices that are not often heard
- Have established contacts and contributors who have confirmed their willingness to take part
- Have considered ethical issues and safety
- Do not simply cover negative aspects of the developing world without considering the context in which they exist
- Show a willingness to work with local people in equal partnership in co-production on a story.
The Fellows Receive:
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
Fill in the application form Here
Upload your CV, reference letter, and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form “Download it now”
Submit your application form
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Islam/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amari Assam/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team