27 August 2018.
Mersin Metropolitan Municipality 1th International Photography Contest (2018)
To increase the interest of both amateur and professional photographers in the art of photography and to contribute to the development and the dissemination of the art of photography. Urban quality of life, in a city, is closely related to the provision of contemporary urban and environmental standards. Cities with high-quality living standards can be thought of as, habitable, sustainable and conducive to well-being and the obligation to provide these conditions, in the first instance, falls within the municipalities.
GOALS OF CONTEST:
Mersin Metropolitan Municipality’s efforts to develop modern urbanism have gained momentum in recent times. The theme of this competition will be to describe through photography the quality of urban life by explaining the habitability, sustainability, and conduciveness to the well-being of urbanization. In addition to the aforementioned, to draw attention to the availability access and safety of cyclist in cities, to highlight the difficulties experienced by cyclists arising from the Increasing use of cars, to show that bicycles area mode of transport compatible with both city life and natural environments, to encourage a cycling lifestyle instead of the use of automobiles, and to form public in this respect. In this context, the two main topics will be ‘Cities and Life’ and ‘Bicycles and Living’.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Opening Date: 09 April 2018.
Closing Date: Monday, 27th August 2018, 23.00(TSI).
Meeting Date: Saturday 8th September–Sunday 9th September 2018.
Award Ceremony/Exhibition Date:
Thursday, 4th October 2018 at 19.00, at MFD Exhibition Salon.
Digital Catalogue Publication: December 2018.
- All amateur and professional photographers are welcomed to participate in the contest.
- Organization Committee, Executive Board, Secretariat, Jury Members, TFSF(Photographic Arts Federation of Turkey) representative delegates and their first-degree relatives are prohibited from participating in this contest.
- Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion and scanned or otherwise transformed into digital format or acquired by direct digital methods.
- All participants can submit up to 4 (four) photographs for each category. The same photograph or the same photograph in color and/or B&W version cannot be submitted to more than 1 (one) category.
- By virtue of submitting photographs to the competition website, the entrant certifies the work as being completely their own and acknowledges and undertakes that all necessary permissions have been obtained. Conduct to the contrary will be considered a violation of the competition rules.
- It will be considered a violation of the rules if the entrant submits works that although do not belong to him/her have been altered or changed with the intention of misleading the evaluating board/jury to show the work as his/her own.
- For participants violating the rules, sanctions mentioned at item 13 of them here (ENG: ). All gains, awards, and titles of the violator will be revoked. The award will not be replaced with a new one and the ranking and award will be left empty. FIAP will be notified of the situation. In cases where the participant has received an award, his must be returned.
- Those photographers who have an ongoing restriction given by the TFSF and those on the FIAP red list cannot participate in this competition.
- The Organising body; participants of the competition and have ongoing restrictions given by the TFST and those on the FIAP red list will be identified and eliminated from the competition before the jury makes any assessments.
- With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and the in case of sanctions following the non-compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
- The organizing body may request the original files from the participant of photographs that have won awards or acceptances.
- All competition results will appear on the MFD, www.mfd.org.tr, and TFSF, http://www.tfsf.org.tr, and http://tfsfonayliyarismalar.org, websites. Also, all participants will be informed via email.
- All award will be sent via post to the participant’s address. Mersin Metropolitan Municipality or Mersin Photographic Society(MFD) will not be responsible for any damage or loss of awards that are sent by post.
- Entry to the competition is free.
AWARDS AND ACCEPTANCES:
- FIAP Gold, Silver, Bronze Medals, and 6 FIAP Mentions.
- MFD Gold, Silver, Bronze Medals and 6 MFD Mentions.
- Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Special Award –1000 Dollars. This will be given to the photograph best describes Mersin in the City and Living Section.
- Acceptances (This will be a maximum 25% of the total participation including awards).FIAP Best Photographer Prize (This will be warded to the photographer that has been awarded the most acceptances).
Second Step: Participants will go through the membership process by completing the required form, in full, in accordance with the instructions on the download page, after which they will upload their entries.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Manar Ali/Egypt “
Reviewed by” Sherif Hassan / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team