19 June 2020
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
Each year the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) makes direct grants to hundreds of nongovernmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions. Each year, NED makes more than 1,600 grants to support the projects of non-governmental groups abroad who are working for democratic goals in more than 90 countries.
NED is interested in proposals from local, independent organizations for nonpartisan programs that seek to:
- Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law
- Support freedom of information and independent media
- Strengthen democratic ideas and values
- Promote accountability and transparency
- Strengthen civil society organizations
- Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions
- Promote civic education
- Support democratic conflict resolution
- Promote freedom of association
- Strengthen a broad-based market economy
All proposed projects must be consistent with NED’s general purposes as outlined in the NED STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES AND OBJECTIVES.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Human rights
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
For more information on the types of programs NED supports in each region, please review our web page:REGIONS – Where NED Works.
- NED encourages applications from organizations working in diverse environments including newly established democracies, semi-authoritarian countries, highly repressive societies and countries undergoing democratic transitions.
- NED funds only nongovernmental organizations, which may include civic organizations, associations, independent media, and other similar organizations.
- NED does not make grants to individuals, governmental bodies, or state-supported institutions such as public universities.
- Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months and is around $50,000.
First Step: Please have your required following application materials ready to upload before starting this application:
- Proposal cover sheet.
- Interim Assessment (for renewal proposals only).
- Proposal Narrative.
- Proposal Budget.
- Registration Documents (if applicable).
Second Step: Create your account from here.
Third Step: To apply by email:
- Send all of the application materials by email to PROPOSALS@NED.ORG.
To apply by post:
- Send all of the application materials to:
- National Endowment for Democracy.
- Attn: Grant Proposals
- 1025 F Street NW, Suite 800
- Washington, DC 20004 USA
To apply by fax: +1 (202) 378-9407
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Demiana Melad/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Hager Darwish/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team