July 31, 2019
California : Stanford University
Illinois:The University of Chicago
Massachusetts: Harvard University
Pennsylvania: The University of Pennsylvania
Orascom Construction Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program 2020
Onsi Sawiris program provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian undergraduate students seeking to pursue their Bachelor’s degree in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt at prestigious universities in the United States.
- OC seeks to promote excellence and achievement. OC launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it works.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities provided in the “Approved Universities“ section of the application.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Political Science.
- GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates.
- TOEFL iBT: 100 or above .
- Minimum SAT I Score: 1450.
SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above.
- Extracurricular Activities.
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2020.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
- The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
- Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
First Step: Create an account here.
Second Step: Fill in your application with your personal information as follows :
- extracurricular activities (start with your most recent Activity:)
- Statement of Purpose: Write 2 essays:
- Considering personal, local, and national concerns as these relate to your future; how would you be able to achieve success on these different levels by attending the university that you wish to apply for? Write a 500 word essay to discuss. Keep in mind that the essay is an essential part of your application.
- What is your passion about? How have you pursued your passions throughout your life? Your essay should be 350 typed words. Please keep in mind that the essay is an essential part of your application.
Third Step: upload the following Attachments : (You have to enter a good indicative name for your attachments.)
- Resume (CV)
- Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & TOEFL iBT
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate (if available)
- Two recommendation letters
Fourth Step: Submit the application.
Note : Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for these universities. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
- For Inquiries, please contact them at E-Mail: [email protected]
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Khaled / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basem Eliwa / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team