October 2, 2018
(Paid Opportunity)With Salary
IFC Young Professionals Program
IFC’s Young Professionals Program is a unique opportunity to launch your career as a global investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries. You will join as an Associate in the Investment, Advisory or Treasury streams and will be based in Washington DC for at least one year. You will build your expertise through engagements in different countries, close to IFC’s clients. The program is open to final year students working toward an advanced degree such as an MBA, JD, other relevant Masters degrees or recent graduates.
- 3-year program with 2 to 3 rotational assignments either in a regional hub or a different industry department or in another World Bank Group institution
- Participating units include Financial Institutions Group; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services; TMT, Venture Capital & Funds; Public Private Partnership; and Treasury and Syndications
- Leadership exposure and development that provides strong opportunities for growth
- Active coaching throughout the program
- The program is structured to provide you with a solid understanding of IFC’s business.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects. In this role, your objective will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Participate in negotiations
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business and Management, Master of Business Administration (MBA.)
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting).
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar.
- Experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development.
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends.
- Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills.
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs.
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility.
- Participants are expected to be geographically flexible and interested and able to relocate as business needs require.
- Must obtain Master’s or MBA degree by June 2019.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The World Bank Group offers internationally competitive salaries based on your educational and professional experience. We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs.
- Pension Plan.
- Relocation, Resettlement, and Expatriate Benefits.
- Paid Leave.
- Work/Life Balance.
- Health Services Department.
- Fitness Center.
- Child Care.
- Lactation Room.
First Step: Create an Account on the Sign in page. Answer the “Why are you visiting this site?” pull down with “To look for job, internship”.
Second Step: complete the application in less than 2 hours. Your application may be disconnected due to inactivity.
Third Step: Please go to the Check Application Status page, sign in at our Member Center, and click on the Check Your Application Status link.
Your status will be shown as:
- Applied (your application has been accepted).
- Long List (you are among many candidates being considered).
- Short List (you are a potential candidate).
- Interview (we would like to interview you).
- Not Selected (you were not chosen for the long or short lists).
Applicants who reach Short List or Interview status may be contacted for further information or to schedule an interview. We may begin evaluating applications before a vacancy is closed, so it is possible that your status shows that you have been “Not Selected” before the closing date.Applications for the IFC YP program are accepted annually. The online application is open from mid/late-August to early October each year. Interviews usually take place in October/November, and offers are typically made in late December or early January. IFC YPP participants typically join in September of each year.The selection process may take from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the number of applications received and the availability of staff.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma El-Noby/Egypt“
Reviewed by” Chahineze Hakki / Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team