15 September 2018
The SPiN Artist Residency at Pikes Ibiza 2018
The SPiN Artist Residency at Pikes Ibiza is a true art escape with the foresight to engage in creating a better World through art. Without the pressures from normal daily life, the attending artists will engage in progressive ideas, take risks and have mutual dialogue with other international artists. The residency accepts all forms of artistic approaches including, writers, painters, sketch artists, print makers, photographers, filmmakers, sound artists, new media artists, sculptors, graphic designers etc.
At the end of the month we will organize a group gallery show for all of the art residents at Pikes.
Opportunity Focus Areas
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
November 12– December 2, 2018
Approximately 25 artists will be in residence during each term. Pikes strives to have an equal mix of emerging and established artists working together.
1) Emerging Artist:
- Open to any age over 18.
- Artists should have completed a B.F.A. or M.F.A. program who seek to build upon their confidence in the early stages of their career.
- You might not have had a major exhibition but you are on your way. Your artistic journey will be greatly aided by working in this creative communal environment and three weeks of time to focus on your art.
- Open to any age over 18.
- Established visual artists that have preferably ten years or more of studio practice with major exhibitions under their belt and who has work placed in collections or museums.
- Our residency also welcomes established artists that teach in respected art colleges and universities.
You can expect to get:
- Housing: You will have a shared or private room with all the comforts of home.
- Meals: There will be a buffet breakfast every morning in the artist’s residence, a special section of the authorities and other snacks available for sale throughout the day.
- Pool Bar: Pikes pool bar will be open nightly and will also have pre-made gourmet sandwiches for sale and other goodies.
- Studio Space: Residents will primarily share the open studio space, and will also have a 9-meter closed dome room that will be available to everyone. Residents can work in their own studio space on weekdays and at all times.
- Staff Support: The Director, Assistants and all practicing artists will be available for any queries from residents about working all the time.
- Supplies: Each resident is responsible for all its requirements such as paint, ink, cloth, wood, glue, clay, tools, paper etc. that they need to work.
This opportunity contains entry fees equal to €25.00
All residents are required to pay a fee of €500 housing/studio security deposit. The deposit will be refunded about four weeks after the residency ends
First Step: Send a brief, introductory e-mail to [email protected] containing all of the following:
1)Your current CV or résumé.
2) Artists, painters, and designers: attach five (5) sample images of your works (JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, 72 dpi, maximum 2 MB each file) and a brief statement attesting that all works are of your own original creation.
Second Step: Press the “Apply Now” Button below and Fill out the questionnaire below the page.
Third Step: Pay your non refundable application fee of €25.00 by clicking the BLACK LINK at the BOTTOM of the page.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Islam Abo Essa/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Salma Merhabi/ Lebanon ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team