15 July 2019 at 17:00 (CET)
Youth4Regions – The Program for Aspiring Journalists
Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
The Youth4Regions offers the following chances:
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy.
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country.
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week.
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions.
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
EGYPT, PALESTINE, SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, LIBYA, TURKEY, CYPRUS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
You will stay in Brussels from 6 to 11 October, and the details of the days are as follows:
- Deadline for applications: 15 July, 2019
- Jury meeting: 2 August, 2019
- Selection results: 9 August, 2019.
- Trainings: 6 October:
- Coverage of the EU’ Regions Week: from 7 to 10 October, 2019.
- Visits of institutions and media organizations: 11 October.
- Interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region.
- Background in journalism (studies with up to 2 years since graduation or experience up to 2 years).
- The applicant’s age should range between 18 and 30 years old.
- The applicant should be a citizen of some of EU Countries (Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo) and ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine).
- Availability during 6 – 11 October.
- Applications from former participants are not accepted.
- The Commission covers travel and accommodation. Most meals are also provided during the programme in October.
First Step: Apply from here.
Second Step: send an original not published before:
- a short article (400-1000 words).
- a short video reportage (2-3 minutes).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Nabil/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Mona Awad/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team