7 June, 2019.
Copenhagen, Denmark. (Final winners).
Gouna, Egypt. (Boot-camp).
MENA Global Impact Challenge – Singularity University
Global Impact Challenges (GICs) are annual competitions organized by geography and theme. These challenges are an open call to entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists, and engineers with the most innovative ideas for moonshot innovations and startups that can positively impact a billion people in 10 years.
The purpose of the SingularityU MENA GIC is to foster innovations and startups that positively impact the lives of people living in the Middle East and North Africa with an ability to scale and impact a billion people worldwide in 10 years.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- AI & Machine Learning.
- Digital Biology.
- Digital Fabrication.
- Networks & Computing Systems.
- Data Science.
- Disaster Resilience.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN.
- Applications Open: 22 April, 2018.
- Boot-camp: 19-24 July, 2019.
- Finalists Announced: To Be Decided.
- Live Pitch Event & Winners Announced: 26 July, 2019.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Your age must be 21 or older on the first day of the GSP.
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Able to participate in the Bootcamp in El Gouna, Egypt on from July 19-24, 2019.
- You must be able to participate in the entire Global Startup Program.
- The GSP will fund for the GIC winner along with accommodation and meals, the GIC winner is responsible for their own travel expenses to/from SU.
- SU Cairo Chapter will cover travel and accommodation costs for all finalists that will attend the bootcamp at El Gouna.
The winner of this GIC will be selected at the final pitch event. They will secure a full scholarship to attend SU’s Global Startup Program (GSP).
First Step: Sign up for a SlideRoom account and fill in the application through the online system.
The application should include:
- CV or resume.
- Summary of accomplishments.
- An abstract of the project idea.
- Video (provide url) of the project idea.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Aya Gamal ElGeddawy / Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team