Deadline of the first round: 1 December, 2019.
Deadline of the second round: February 2020.
2020 Young Global Changers program!
The Young Global Changers program brings together young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change. Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summer School and the Global Solutions Summit from April 17-22, 2020 in Berlin, Germany.
The Young Global Changers are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From April 17-22, 2020
- Young researchers and academics involved in a research project that tackles issues related to the recoupling of economy, society and environmental sustainability.
- Young entrepreneurs and innovators involved in a social enterprise aimed at recoupling, and young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside.
- Young non-profit leaders, active as community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic or environmental change on a local, regional or global level.
- Who are between the ages of 21 and 35.
- Who want to become longstanding, active members of a strong global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
- Who commit to working constantly towards recoupling the economy with social well-being in a sustainable way.
- Who want to become regular contributors to the Global Solutions Summit and other events and activities of the Global Solutions Initiative..
The Program is offering full scholarships* for the participation in the Young Global Changers Program 2020. Which include the following:
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin**
- Accommodation for the time of the summer school & Summit (April 17 -22, 2020)
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2020
- Lectures with global thought-leaders from academia and beyond
- Comprehensive summer school workshops
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
*Please note that all expenses must be paid upfront and will be reimbursed within 6 weeks after the Global Solutions Summer School. Do bear in mind that participants are responsible for submitting reimbursement claims. Currency fluctuations may lead to small changes in the total amount reimbursed.
**Additional costs may apply for local transportation in Berlin, visa arrangements, food, travel insurance and more. These costs will not be covered by the program
First Step: Fill the application from here.
Second Step: To apply, choose the area (academia, business or nonprofit) that describes your current activities the best, read the specific criteria carefully and prepare the following information (uploads as PDF files!) before starting the application process:
• Personal information (e.g. name, age,…)
• Upload a short description of yourself (300 characters or fewer)
• Provide a very short summary of the project or initiative that you are actively working on (500 characters or fewer)
• Select a relevant global policy area and explain briefly (600 characters or fewer) how this relates to your current Project
• Upload a short description of what makes you a Young Global Changer? (800 characters or fewer)
• Upload a short description of how you can contribute to the Young Global Changers community? (1000 characters or fewer)
Third Step: Please make sure to use a seperate document on your personal device in which you save the text of the application. The application platform does not provide for the possibility of intermediate storage!
• Upload a longer one-page description of the project
• Upload your CV (one-two pages)
• Upload your latest academic transcript / grade sheet
• If applicable, upload your latest academic degree
– Please prepare all documents as PDF files before starting the application process.
– Please note that applications sent via mobile devices are not supported.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team