1 June 2020
Jos Berghman Welfare Studies Stipend
The Jos Berghman Welfare Studies Stipend offers young scholars the opportunity of spending a research term with the Team Social Policy and Social Work at KU Leuven (Belgium), one of the oldest universities of Europe.
KU Leuven is an institution for research and education with international appeal. All programmes at this University are based on the innovative research of its scientists and professors. KU Leuven ranks among the best 50 universities worldwide. Twice a year, the Social Policy and Social Work research team welcomes a young scholar for 2-3 months for mutual inspiration and learning.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Social policy
- Social work
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Candidates are international PhD-students, post-docs, or early career researchers whose research is situated in the broad fields of social policy and social work.
- Projects can be quantitative or qualitative in nature, preferably (but not exclusively) from a sociological perspective.
- The research term should result in a paper, which will acknowledge the stipend when it is publicly presented and published.
- Academic excellence, and the broader fit of the candidate’s planned work within the research of the team is a must .
The scholarship covers:
- accommodation in one of the university’s guesthouses.
- travel expenses.
- working space with computer and Internet connection, as well as access to KU Leuven libraries.
Candidates can apply once a year (deadline 1 June) for a stay in the first (Sept-Nov) or second (Feb-April) semester of ensuing academic year.
The candidates should send an application letter with an explanation of how they think the research term will be helpful for their work, a description of their research project and the part they plan to work on during their stay, CV information, and their preference for either the first or second semester.
Applications can be sent via e-mail to prof. Wim van Oorschot, head of the research team ([email protected]) .
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Lamis Ahmed / Egypt“
Reviewed by”Mohamed Sayed/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships Team