28 February 2019
Taiwan International Graduate Program.
The Taiwan International Graduate Program(http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/) is pleased to announce that we start to accept applications to our 2019 International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP) in January 2019.
The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica (www.sinica.edu.tw), the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan. In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
1st July to 31st August 2019
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2020.
(Or students who will have been conferred a B.S.＋M.S. dual degree by August 2020.)
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a Ph.D. degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again.
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree
- English proficiency, as demonstrated per:
1. TOEFL score of at least (select one): 550 paper-based 79-80 Internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL-iBT).
2. IELTS – generally, IELTS test score is accepted by all TIGP Ph. D. programs as an indication of English proficiency. A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test, taken within the past 2 years, is required for admission to programs that accept IELTS score (please refer to the specific admission requirements of your program)
For more information about the IELTS, please visit the International English Language Testing System online
3. GEPT – instead of TOEFL. Applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), administered by the Language Training and Testing Center, National Taiwan University. Under this option, applicants must submit a high-intermediate level certificate with their application.
- GRE General test & Subject test (requirements vary by program)
- Academic transcript for coursework completed post-high school.
- Three letters of reference.
- Statement of purpose.
In addition to the above general TIGP application requirements, please check out program’s website for program-specific requirements.
All applicants who are admitted to TIGP will receive a fellowship from Academia Sinica. Stipend levels are about USD 12,500 per year and will be awarded for the first three years.
- TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide an additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, half of the cheapest round-way airfare at an economy class of the batch will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
For more information please click here.
- Create an account, please click here.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Sara Idris/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hend Younis/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team