28 February 2020 at 23:59pm in Taiwan time
2020 Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP) – International Internship Program (IIP)
The Taiwan International Graduate Program was launched in 2009, the TIGP-IIP is an intensive pre-doctoral research training program that prepares its participating interns with the necessary knowledge and skills for future research or career development through rigorous hands-on training.
The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica (www.sinica.edu.tw), the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan. In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This 2 month program takes place between May and August 2020.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES
2~3 months from 1st May – 31st August,2020
The TIGP-IIP welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2021. (Or students who will have been conferred a B.S.＋M.S. dual degree by August 2021.)
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again.
- TIGP and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, half of the cheapest round-way airfare at economy class of the batch (max. NTD 15,000) will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
- Note : Stipends will be given after the 15th of every month in cash. Airfare will be reimbursed only upon successful completion of the internship. (Please check the airfare comparison websites before you purchase the ticket.) Only the cheapest routes will be reimbursed. If the interns are from same location in the same batch, only the cheapest airfare price will be reimbursed. The amount of airfare reimbursement will be made according to Academia Sinica’s regulation. The airfare reimbursement will be given 1 week before the internship end.
Create an account, please click here.
Instructions for creating an on-line application for TIGP International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP 2020)
Fill in the application form online.
- To complete the online application, you will need to…
– Upload your CV on the research interests page.
– Upload your Statement of Purpose on the research interests page.
– Upload your original academic transcript on current Status of Applicant. You are also required to post your original academic transcript to TIGP office two week before the deadline.
– Complete all the required information on the online application form.
– Two letters of recommendation in PDF format upload directly from your referees to IIP website 2 weeks before the deadline.. ** Please note the Selected PI and your referees cannot be the same person.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Shrouk Saleh / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Basmala Tarek/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team