Applicants can apply anytime.
Otago Council Inc Scholarship in Science.
Established in 2016 with funding from the Otago Council Inc Trust.
The Scholarship may be held by domestic or international Research Master’s students undergoing research and data collection in the Otago region in the following fields: agriculture, pastoral, forestry, fishing, transport, communications, mining, energy, construction, scientific development and natural resources.
As the oldest university in New Zealand, the University of Otago scores highly for average research quality, It is ranked as one of the world’s most beautiful university, Its main campus is located in Dunedin,It has 15 diverse colleges catering mostly for first-year students.
Why at the University of Otago? The university provides candidates unprecedented opportunities for gaining a world-class qualification, Here candidates can get the option to study Science, Health Sciences, Humanities and Commerce and find lecture theatres equipped with the latest technology.
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Scientific development.
- Natural resources.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
According the program.
- Tenure of a doctoral scholarship is for three full-time years (or part-time equivalent), or until the thesis is submitted (whichever period is the shorter), subject to the provision of satisfactory annual Progress Reports by the Department in which the student is registered, For candidates in professional doctorates, tenure may also cover periods of coursework prior to and after the thesis enrolment period, but will not exceed three years.
- Tenure of a Master’s scholarship is for one full-time year (or part-time equivalent), or until the thesis is submitted (whichever period is the shorter) Students must be in the first year of their thesis research to be eligible for a scholarship.
- obtaining their first Master’s qualification.
- undertaking research and data collection in the Otago region in the following fields : agriculture, pastoral, forestry, fishing, transport, communications, mining, energy, construction, scientific development and natural resources.
- In the case of an applicant for a doctoral scholarship who has completed a Master’s degree by papers and thesis (at least 0.75 EFTS), the grades of all relevant advanced level paper counting towards the award of the degree and the thesis will be taken into account.
- An explanation of the time taken for completion of the thesis may be requested and considered by the Scholarships and Prizes Committee if the thesis has taken more than 2 EFTS (2 full time years) to complete.
- In the case of an applicant for a scholarship without a Master’s degree including a thesis,the grades of all relevant advanced level papers counting towards the award of the applicant’s most relevant degree will be taken into account.
- For More Information Click Here.
- NZ $3,000 one off payment.
First Step: The eligible claimant can apply for the grant after receiving an offer of a place to study the postgraduate degree coursework at the university. After getting enrolled, applicants will receive an alert in their eVision portal to apply for the reward.
Second Step: Applications are made online through the eVision portal after applying for admission to a programme. The application form will be available through an alert at one of the following times:
- when applying for admission (if the degree is by thesis only, or if the thesis will begin straight away) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after applying for admission to your programe, inviting you to apply for a scholarship; or.
- just before the thesis component is about to begin (usually at the start of the second year for a master’s degree by papers and thesis) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after enrolling in your thesis paper.
Third Step: Academic Qualifications:
- Students whose degree has been conferred at any university other than a New Zealand or Australian University should check the requirements for credentials evaluation, available at Here:
-Applicants whose qualifications are from countries in the lista available on the website must provide an original or certified copy of the transcript from their university.
-Applicants with qualifications from all other countries must be referred to: Education Credential Evaluators.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mohamed Magdi Eweda / Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Hend Younis /Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team