January 07, 2020
BP Cambridge Scholarship for Egypt
BP is committed to a wide-ranging social investment programme, focused on education, training and skills development. For nearly a decade BP Egypt has worked with the Cambridge Trust to offer the BP Cambridge Scholarship for Egypt, which is available to Egyptian applicants to Masters degrees in subjects relevant to the work of BP in Egypt.
BP Egypt and the Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust cover all of the scholarship costs, which are offered annually to pursue one-year master’s degree programmes.
The scholarship will cover the university composition fee at the appropriate rate and a maintenance allowance enough for a single student is paid in three or four equal instalments each term (October, January, April and July). For the academic year 2019-2020, the maintenance allowance is currently £15,009 for twelve months and is pro-rated for courses shorter than 12 months.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Petroleum Studies
- Development Studies
- Applicants must show evidence of excellent academic achievement. They should have a first-class or high second-class honors degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university, supported by certificates of graduation and letters of recommendations from professors at their current or previous university.
- Applicants must gain admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way to be considered for these awards. The Trust cannot admit students to the university.
- Applicants who are not native speakers of English are required by the University to provide the results of an English language test and to meet the minimum standard of proficiency required for admission to Cambridge.
- Decisions on awards will be taken during the summer months (June to August) prior to the October date that the candidate intends to start their studies. A shortlist of eligible candidates will be drawn up and BP Egypt will interview these candidates in Egypt and select the BP Cambridge scholars from those interviewed.
- Successful candidates must sign with BP Egypt, before their departure to Cambridge, an enrolment agreement whereby they will agree to return back, domicile and work in Egypt after their graduation from the University of Cambridge for double the period they studied at the University of Cambridge.
- Priority will be given to applicants in subjects relevant to the work of BP in Egypt – mainly Petroleum Studies, Business, Economics and Development Studies.
The scholarship will cover:
- University tuition fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person, £15,009 for twelve months)
- Contribution towards travel costs
First Step: Search for your prospective course, its requirements and deadline. Click Here
Make sure to have your referee’s consent to provide a reference for you before submitting your application and before the deadline.
Fourth step: Register and start your application.
- No separate application is required for this scholarship, you can apply for it through the funding section of your application.
- You have to pay the application fee, £65.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Altesheh/ Syria “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt and Samah Gacem/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team