20 September 2018.
Professorship in Communication and Computing – University of Copenhagen
The Center for Communication and Computing, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark, invites applications for a full professorship in Communication and Computing, to be filled by 1 January 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The purpose of the center is to facilitate collaboration among researchers from different scientific fields who share a common interest in the study, design and creative uses of information technologies in order to enhance the ways that people communicate and collaborate in their work, social and everyday lives.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
It is expected to be 3 years.
It is expected that the professor is an internationally renowned scholar within the broad area of communication and computing. The candidate must be able to document:
- An internationally recognised research record, especially a continuous record of publication within fields relevant for this position in top venues.
- Experience with research management and researcher training as well as a record of international collaboration and networking.
- The ability to act strategically-politically and to shape academic landscapes by developing research strategies and facilitating research cultures.
- Success in procuring external research funding at the highest level, or at least the potential to do so; if the candidate does not bring external research funding, it is expected that a clear plan for doing so is presented.
- A strong teaching portfolio that includes the development of pedagogic and didactic competences built through an extensive and wide-ranging teaching practice.
- Strong social and collegial skills that will enable the candidate to act as a unifying presence and force inspiring confidence within the academic environment.
- The salary range starts at DKK 51,032.23 (EUR 6,849) in addition to a 17,1 % contribution to the pension scheme. It is possible to negotiate salary supplements on an annual basis.
First Step: Fill the application here.
Second Step: The application must be written in English and submitted online in Adobe PDF or Word format, and you must include:
- Application letter/cover letter.
- Documentation of qualifications (examination certificates).
- Complete and numbered list of publications. The enclosed publications must be marked with *.
- Research plan, including a short description of previous research and a plan for the coming years.
- Plan for CCC (Computing Community Consortium). The plan should include discussion of how CCC could be further developed in the coming years.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications and research dissemination (organisation of classes, materials, courses and other forms of teaching).
- Publications. Applicants may choose a maximum of seven publications for assessment, of which at least five works must have been published within the five years immediately preceding the deadline for applications. Publication dates must be clearly marked on the publication list. The publications selected must be uploaded as attachments and named from 1-7.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team