15 October 2018.
Opportunities for Scholars for the Academic Year 2019-2020. – Institute for Advanced Study
Each year the School welcomes approximately forty Members selected on the basis of both external and internal review. Most are working on different topics, but each year the School also selects some scholars working in other areas of historical research.
THE INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDY is an independent private institution founded in 1930 to create a community of scholars focused on intellectual inquiry, free from teaching and other university obligations. Each year scholars from around the world apply to come to the Institute to pursue their own research. Those who are chosen are offered a membership for a set period. Members receive access to the extensive resources of the Institute, including offices, access to libraries, subsidized restaurant and housing facilities, and some secretarial services.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Historical Research.
- History of western, near eastern and Asian civilizations, with particular emphasis upon Greek and Roman civilization.
- The history of Europe (medieval, early modern, and modern).
- The Islamic world, East Asian studies.
- Art history.
- The history of science and philosophy.
- Modern international relations.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- PhD. (or equivalent) at the time of application and a substantial record of publication.
- The School takes into account the stage of the scholar’s academic career when considering the list of publications, but in general, applicants should have at least several articles already published in scholarly publications in order to be considered eligible.
- Qualified candidates of any nationality are invited to apply.
- Scholars are not required to have a current institutional affiliation.
- Maximum of $75,000 for the full academic year, or $37,500 for one term.
First Step: To start your application you must register here.
Second Step: You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Your research proposal (no longer than 1,500 words).
- A separate one-page bibliography related to the proposal.
- Your CV with list of publications.
- Up to three sample articles, or book chapters, in PDF format.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team