02/Mar/2019, 12:59:00 AM.
FAO Regional Office for Thailand.
FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) Internship Programme
The FAO Regular Volunteer Programme provides opportunities for individuals to contribute their volunteer actions, where suitable, to support the work of FAO in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the intern.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Administration & Government.
- Forestry & Animal Science.
- Computers & IT.
- Management & Finance.
- Human Rights.
- International Affairs.
- Marketing & PRSociety.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
3 months to 11 months.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as the brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
First Step: complete your online profile.
Second Step: Attach to your application a letter of motivation, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of their academic qualifications and copies of their language proficiency certificates.
Third Step: submit the application.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Menna Hozien/ Egypt “
Reviewed by”Rehab Ali/ Egypt”
MARJ3 Scholarships team