1 February 2019
Up to ten PhD positions in Economics
The PhD Programme at the Department of Economics prepares you both for a career in academia as well as for qualified positions in government ministries and agencies, international organizations and the private sector. Our alumni hold important positions throughout society.
The Department’s supervising capacity is particularly strong in labour economics, macroeconomics, political economics and public economics. We offer an intellectually stimulating research environment with several research seminars each week and a large flow of international guests.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- labour economics.
- political economics.
- public economics.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Fulfill all required documents.
- The applicant must have completed at least 240 ECTS-credits of coursework (four years of full-time studies).
1. Including at least 60 ECTS-credits at the advanced (master) level (one year of full-time studies).
2. Or have acquired the equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- The applicant must have at least 90 ECTS-credits in economics (three semesters), or have acquired the equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- Fixed pay according to local agreement or stipend.
Required documents for the application:
- Personal letter (max. two pages) in which:
1. You describe why you want to enroll in the PhD Programme in Economics at Uppsala University.
2. Where you state the fields within economics that are of primary interest to you.
- Attested copies of all qualifications, including all completed academic courses and academic degrees.
- Copies of essays that you have authored.
- A CV.
- Contact information for two academic references (address, email address and telephone number).
- The GRE test result is sent directly to the department. GRE: school code 0247, dept. code 1801. Please note that the GRE test is mandatory.
- We strongly recommend that foreign applicants take the TOEFL test or the IELTS test and ensure that the result of the test is sent directly to the department:
Department of Economics
SE-751 20 Uppsala
Phone: +46 18-471 0000
TOEFL: inst. code _7996
IELTS: no inst.code
Create an account on the website and log in to apply from here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hend Younis/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amari Assam/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team