25 January 2019
Ph.D. position in Condensed Matter Theory
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious Ph.D. student in condensed matter theory for a project on multiband and odd-frequency superconductivity. Odd-frequency superconductivity is a very unique superconducting state where the pair amplitude is odd in time, or equivalently frequency, the very opposite to the ordinary behavior of superconductivity.
The overall aim of the Ph.D. project is to find new odd-frequency states in primarily multiband and multiorbital superconducting systems and to discern measurable signatures of this state. Examples range from the iron-based high-temperature superconductors, to nanoscale and hybrid systems. The project involves both analytical work using advanced many-body methods and large-scale numerical work. This Ph.D. project is part of a larger project focusing on new materials and mechanisms for odd-frequency superconductivity, funded by the European Research Council (ERC).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
01-04-2019, temporary position ending 31-03-2023.
- The applicant should have a Master’s degree in physics, or equivalent, with a strong background in condensed matter theory or many-body theory.
- Prior experience with superconductivity is an advantage but not required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is an absolute prerequisite
- According to local agreement for PhD students and teaching assistants.
- Applications should include:
1. Personal letter, explaining scientific interests motivation for pursuing a Ph.D. degree,
3. Verified list of course grades. If available,
4. A Master’s thesis (finished or in draft form) can also be included.
5. Two letters of recommendation should be included in the application
or, alternatively, sent directly by the letter writer to
[email protected]e with the subject line “Letter of Recommendation, Ph.D. Position 2019”.
Create an account on the website and log in to apply from here
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hend Younis/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Head’s name/ Head’s Country ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team