31 Aug, 2019.
HQ Internship Programme – The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry.
- FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Food Science.
Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish.
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, YEMEN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
From 3 months to 11 months.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations as well as candidates from the global south and Indigenous Peoples are encouraged to apply.
- FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
First Step: Visit the recruitment website at FAO and complete your Online profile.
– A completed application should include:
- A letter of motivation.
- The evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of their academic qualifications.
- Copies of your language proficiency certificates.
– Please note that:
- Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Vacancies WILL BE REMOVED from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Amina Hamed / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Aya Gamal ElGeddawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team