2 September 2018.
PhD fellowship in Pharmacovigilance – University of Copenhagen.
The Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology is offering a three-year PhD fellowship in Pharmacovigilance. The PhD fellowship is financed by the Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology and the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
The continuous surveillance of adverse drug reactions after marketing is mainly based on spontaneous reporting systems. These systems are useful for signal detection and identification of safety concerns but they also have well-known limitations, and additional pharmacoepidemiological studies using healthcare register data are needed to quantify and evaluate drug-associated risks. This is in particular true in relation to long-term effects of drugs, which the spontaneous reporting system is not geared to capture. The study of long-term drug exposure and adverse effects is generally challenging and entails both methodological and drug specific challenges. The aim of the PhD project is to investigate long-term adverse effects of antipsychotic drugs using Danish healthcare register data. Different analytical approaches will be explored, and epidemiological and statistical challenges as well as limitations of data and methods will be addressed.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
As an applicant you must have:
- Obtained a Master degree in pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, medicine, public health, statistics or a related area prior to the starting date.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills.
- Previous practical experience with quantitative research within pharmaceutical sciences, drug utilization, pharmacovigilance or pharmacoepidemiology will be considered strong assets for the candidate. Broad knowledge of medicines, pharmacotherapy and adverse effects, and knowledge of healthcare register data will be considered an advantage.
- Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around DKK 26,754 (approx. 3,588 EUR) (taxable) plus pension. The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities (2013).
First Step: Fill out the application here.
Second Step: Your application must include:
- Cover letter: Letter stating the interest in and qualifications for the project (max. one page).
- Full CV.
- Diploma and transcripts of records: Master’s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor’s and master’s degrees). Applicants with a Master’s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used.
- Possible publication list.
- Other information to consider: Possible references and recommendations.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt “
And ” Marwan Mansi/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team