7 April 2019.
University of Copenhagen- Ph.D. fellowship in Mass spectrometry imaging of plant metabolites
The Ph.D. project is part of a larger research project which aims to implement biosynthesis of important precursors for commercial drug substances into yeast cells. The project takes place in close collaboration with consortium partners in France and Germany and with co-supervision from the Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
- Carry through an independent research project under supervision.
- Write scientific articles and the Ph.D. thesis on the grounds of your research project.
- Complete Ph.D. courses or other equivalent education corresponding to approx. 30 ECTS points.
- Obtain experience with teaching or other types of dissemination related to your Ph.D. project.
- Participate in the undergraduate teaching of students in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Participate in national and international conferences and scientific meetings.
- Stay at an external research institution, preferably abroad.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Plant biology
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The fellowship is available from June 1st, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- You must have obtained a Master´s degree in chemistry, pharmacy, plant biology or related areas prior to the starting date.
- You must have fluency in English and excellent communication skills.
- The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
- Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around DKK 26,754 (approx. 3,588 EUR) (taxable) plus pension.
First Step: Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ below.
Second Step: Your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
- Cover letter: Letter stating the interest in and qualifications for the project (max. one page).
- Full CV.
- Diploma and transcripts of records: Master´s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor´s and master´s degrees). Applicants with a Master´s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used.
- Possible publication list.
- Other information to consider: Possible references and recommendations.
Third Step: The successful applicant will be requested to formally apply for enrolment as a PhD student at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences according to the rules stipulated in the Ministerial Order on the PhD programme at the universities (PhD order) from the Ministry of Science, Innovation, and Higher Education and the guidelines for the PhD programme at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
Note: The Ph.D. student is expected to be affiliated to the graduate programme in pharmaceutical sciences, Drug Research Academy.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rania Khalaf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” ِAreeg Salem/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team