1 October 2018.
28 PhD positions within the Doctoral Programme, TALENT at the Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
The TALENT programme offers 74 PhD fellowships (in total) of 36 months each, attractive employment conditions at one of the 12 departments at SCIENCE and enrollment as a PhD student at the PhD School at SCIENCE.
Research at SCIENCE rests on two pillars: on the one hand strong basic research, and on the other application-oriented research, which contributes to growth and employment and solves societal problems, for example within climate change, sustainable energy supplies, biological production, environmental challenges, food and water safety, lifestyle diseases and IT security. The PhD School at SCIENCE, in which the TALENT PhD students will be enrolled, has over 1,100 students and app. 55% of them come from outside of Denmark, originating from 75 different countries. This means that even the PhD environment is highly international and competitive.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Biological Sciences.
- Chemical Sciences.
- Computer Sciences.
- Earth and Planetary Systems Sciences.
- Climate and Sustainability.
- Food Sciences.
- Health and Genomics.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Statistics & Economics.
- Nano and Materials Sciences.
- Natural Science Education.
- Nutrition and Sports.
- Particle Physics.
- Astro Physics and Cosmology.
- Plant Sciences and Biotechnology.
- Quantum Sciences and Technology.
- Resource Economics.
- Global Development.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
In order to be eligible for the TALENT Doctoral Programme, applicants:
- May not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to TALENT’s call deadline: 1 October 2018. Time spent on obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Must at the TALENT call deadline (1 October 2018) be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Must hold a relevant MSc degree at the time of applying. However, candidates, who do not hold an MSc degree, are also considered eligible if their credentials and CV equal those achieved on an MSc. This could be in the form of five years of full-time undergraduate and postgraduate education OR four years of full-time undergraduate education combined with relevant courses, fieldwork, scientific publications or conducted research (these aspects must be documented by uploading additional documents as part of the CV). The background is that applicants awarded a TALENT doctoral fellowship must be enrolled in the 180 ECTS/three year PhD programme at SCIENCE. To this end, the entry requirements as defined by SCIENCE’s PhD School have to be respected.
Note: You can know more here.
- The starting yearly salary is currently at a minimum EUR 43,094 (DKK 321,054) including annual supplement (in addition to pension up to EUR 7,003 (DKK 52,175)). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
First Step: Fill the application here.
Second Step: The application must include the following:
- Cover/motivation letter.
- Project description incl. ethics assessment form.
- Prioritized CV incl. publications.
- Declaration of mobility.
- Documentation of academic degrees obtained: diplomas must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included.
- Copy of English test score sheet at the time of applying (for applicants with English as their second language).
- Two recommendation letters (max. 1 page of 2,500 characters each): one should be from the master thesis supervisor (if applicable), or other senior scientist that the applicant has worked closely with.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmad Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Somiyah Elhassawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team