28 April 2019.
The University of Groningen (RUG)- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Engineering and Technology
The research area of the FSE fellow will be in Mechatronics and/or (Biomedical) Robotics and/or Systems & Control.
You will participate in the courses ‘Multidisciplinary project’ and ‘Prosthetics and Orthotics’ by giving lectures related to the design process and by supervising student groups that perform design assignments. You will supervise students during their master’s project and internship, especially when they have a design assignment. Furthermore, you will coordinate and provide lectures in the BME course of “Signals and Systems for IEM/BME”. It involves also the coordination of teaching assistants in the tutorial classes, as well as the lab practical sessions.
The position is embedded in ENgineering and TEchnology institute Groningen (ENTEG).
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Engineering and Technology
- (Biomedical) Robotics
- Systems & Control.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
From August 2019.
- a Ph.D., obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
- a promising research record
- affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favored
- excellent command of English.
- The University of Groningen offers a starting salary depending on the date you obtained your Ph.D. and your postdoctoral years.
– 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
– 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
– 2 years: € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
– 3 years: € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
- In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%:
First Step: Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’
Second Step: Your application should include:
- a letter of motivation
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- a short description (max 1 A4) of your teaching interests (extra attachment 1)
- a short description (max 1 A4) of your scientific field of interest (extra attachment 2).
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rania Khalaf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Amari Assam/ Algeria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team