30 January 2019
Postdoctoral Position in Physics of Supermassive Black Holes at DARK at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen
The Niels Bohr Institute announces a specially-funded position to work on observational research projects related to the physics of supermassive black holes in active galactic nuclei and quasars with the possibility to work on the candidates own research programs as well.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
The position is for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension depending on performance and available funding.
- The candidate is expected to have a PhD in astronomy or astrophysics obtained before starting the position in fall of 2019 and with a PhD age of no more than four years by the start date of the position.
- This position involves processing and analysis of sub-mm and radio interferometry and single-dish data of active and quiescent galaxies and dynamical modeling of radio/sub-mm data, so previous experience in one or more of these areas is an advantage.
- Additional experience with telescope proposal and paper writing plus supervision of PhD or Master’s students is helpful.
- A background in the physics of active galactic nuclei is preferred but not required.
- The base salary is at minimum DKK 33,700/month (4500 €/month); a supplement can be negotiated depending on qualifications. In addition to the base salary a monthly contribution to a pension fund is added (17.1% of the salary).
First Step: Fill in your application here.
Second Step: Your application must include:
- Cover letter: Brief statement (a maximum of two pages, not counting references) that describes research interests, future plans and relevant technical experience.
- CV: Current CV (maximum 2 pages) including an ORCID identifier.
- List of publications.
- PhD Diploma: if you have not obtained your PhD diploma yet, please upload your master diploma. DO NOT upload other diplomas.
Note: You must have your referees send three reference letters to: [email protected]. Your application is not considered complete without these letters.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Ahmed Samy/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Hager Abosedaira/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team