8 May 2019.
The University of Cambridge: Research Assistant – Bioinformatician (Fixed Term)
Applications are invited for a computational biologist/bioinformatician to join the CSCI’s Core Bioinformatics Group. The aim of this group is to apply and create state-of-the-art computational methods for the understanding of the biological properties and biomedical potential of stem cells.
The Wellcome Trust – Medical Research Council Cambridge Stem Cell Institute is an international center of excellence for stem cell research and regenerative medicine. Scientists in the Institute collaborate to advance our knowledge of various stem cell types and to perform pioneering work in translational research areas, providing the foundation for new medical treatments (https://www.stemcells.cam.ac.uk/).
The post holder will be involved in both standardized and customized analyses applied on multilayer genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic data. Training in specialist computational tools will be provided; the main criterion is an enthusiasm for using and developing bioinformatics tools and pipelines to advance stem cell research.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- The funds for this post are available until 30 June 2022 in the first instance.
- The vacant post is at Research Assistant level and is suitable for individuals with either a computing, mathematics, physics or biology background.
- Candidates should be familiar with a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Proficiency with an imperative programming/scripting language (e.g. Perl/Python) and statistical data analysis environments (R, Matlab) would be a strong advantage.
- Additional experience with analysis of any type of high-throughput datasets or with the characterization of regulatory networks is desirable.
- The University actively supports equality, diversity, and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
NOTE: The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
First Step: Register an account on the University’s website.
Second Step: Complete your online application and ensure that you:
- Upload a covering letter
- Upload CV
- Include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
NOTE: Please quote reference PS18749 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Rania Khalaf/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Soueilem Mohamed Lemine / Mauritania ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team