20 May 2019
Traineeship for The International Review of The Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) offers a traineeship for the International Review of the Red Cross at its headquarters in Geneva.
You will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Thematic Editor in the assessment and editing related to submitted articles, and overall content management. In addition, you will assist with the promotion and distribution of thematic editions of the Review. The staff of the Review, including the Associate, regularly interacts with other parts of the institution, including the ICRC’s Legal Division, Protection Division, Operations Department, Policy Unit and so on, ensuring a firm knowledge of current priorities. As an integral part of the Review team, you will assist in the conceptualization of themes, contacts with authors, peer reviewers and the publisher, background research and substantive evaluation of submissions.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Diplomacy
- International relations
For more information about the traineeship here
English and French.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Starting date: 1 September 2019.
Certifications/ Education required:
- A Master’s degree in law, international relations, or another relevant field.
Desired profile and skills:
- A demonstrated interest in humanitarian work, IHL, and human rights.
- Excellent command of English and good French reading abilities.
- Previous editorial work experience (shortlisted candidates will be tested on their editorial and writing skills).
- Initiative and capacity to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent ability to work in a team.
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Only individuals enrolled in higher education or who have recently completed their studies are eligible to be trainees/associates. For candidates to be eligible they must have a maximum of one year’s professional experience after graduation (relating to the post) or two years if they have been in previous traineeships.
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment.
- Participation in workshop(s) related to the position.
- 12 months’ contract.
- Paid traineeship.
First Step: Apply here.
Second Step: Upload the following documents:
- Your CV
- Passport details
- Educational diplomas
- Work certificates
- Driving licence
- Other documents
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Mariem Memmi/ Tunisia “
Reviewed by “ Doha Elamin/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team