13 November 2018
2018 Our World is Kind Contest
Envision Kindness is a non-profit (charity) organization based in Connecticut, USA, that promotes kindness, compassion, joy, and love through the sharing of images and stories of kindness. Driven by science, our goal is to improve individual lives and communities by inspiring goodness and happiness in as many people as possible.
The objective of this contest is to see and share kindness, compassion, and empathy with others. Can you capture kindness in its many forms?
Although we see news reports of violence, greed, death, and disaster every day, there is also a lot of good out there. In fact, there’s probably a lot more good than bad. But people all over the world need to see it more. Something amazing happens when people see kindness: they feel a lot better. They are inspired by optimism, gratitude, compassion, and joy, and show a willingness to volunteer and help others.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Winners announced in December, 2018 (date to be finalized).
- This contest is open to all photographers 18 years of age and older.
- There is no geographic restriction on the origin of the contestant or where the submitted entries were captured, except where prohibited by law for that country or state.
- Participants must submit their own original work.
- Participants may submit up to 5 entries total. An entry consists of one photo, in addition to the completed information fields.
- Images of kindness can be either as they occurred (documentary style) or as they are conceived of (or recreated) to illustrate concepts or past events. The submissions are only as limited as the creativity of the photographer.
- All submissions must:
- Be at least 3000 Pixels on long dimension at 300 dpi
- Use Adobe RGB for color space
- Be JPEG (at max quality) or TIFF file formats up to 10MB file size
- All submission must be made through the dedicated contest platform:envisionkindnesscontest.org. Submissions received outside this platform (via email or other methods) will not be accepted.
- All content submitted must be entirely original with all rights owned by the submitter. Material violating copyright laws will be disqualified. If there is more than one creator for a submission, the other co-creators need to be acknowledged and have given permission to the named creator who submits the entry. Submitter must be able to grant Envision Kindness a non-exclusive license to use the image(s).
- Content must be appropriate for all audiences. The content should be universally positive although “negative” content that has clear kindness relevance and results in an uplifting message will also be accepted.
- Submissions must be entirely devoid of the following:
- Nudity/explicit sexual content
- Excessive violence/aggression/hostility
- Anything demeaning or otherwise insulting or dehumanizing
- Submissions that do not appear to have anything to do with kindness, compassion, empathy, or love may be rejected at the discretion of Envision Kindness staff.
- Entries that have been published elsewhere are acceptable as long as there are no restrictions to provide Envision Kindness a non-exclusive license to use the image as described under “Terms”.
- Photos from previous Envision Kindness contests are acceptable as long as they have not recieved any award through an Envision Kindness competition.
- Model releases are required from any and all individuals captured in their submission having a realistic expectation of privacy. Envision Kindness has model release forms available here.
- There is no entry fee for entering the contest.
- This contest and the payment of prize money is governed by the laws of the United States of America.
- All decisions are final.
There will be five prizes awarded:
- First place, Public Choice and three Honorable Mentions
- The Public Choice prize is earned by popular (public) vote. You promote your entries and the world gets to pick their favorites! The top vote-getter will win a Public Choice Prize.
- First Place: $500
- Public Choice Award: $500
- Honorable Mention (3 chosen): $100 each
Note: Each photo can only win one prize, whichever is greater.
First Step: Click on “Apply Now” to submit your photograph.
Second Step: Select your photo(s) and add a description (Where it was taken, what is going on in the image, who the people are and your thoughts on what about kindness or compassion it reflects).
Third Step: Fill up your personal information and agree to the Terms And Conditions then click enter.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Chahineze Hakki/ Algeria “
Reviewed by” Shimaa Elgizawy/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team