31 October 2019
FACULTY FOR FACTORY PROGRAM (FFF)
This grant is designed to cover an experienced researcher’s time and effort for a part-time engagement to diagnose and suggest solutions to an industrial (or service sector) problem. A detailed proposal to solving the problem under consideration is expected to be the final main deliverable of the grant.
The main objective of the current grant is to bridge the gap and enhance the collaboration between the academic community and the industry and service sectors to eliminate Egypt’s economic and social challenges by developing a knowledge-based-economy
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Environmental Sciences
- Information and Communications Technology
- Space and Remote Sensing
- Transportation and Traffic
- Urban Planning
- MEDICAL SCIENCES
(Medicine and Therapy-Pharmceuticals)
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- BASIC SCIENCES
- ENGINEERING SCIENCES
(Water Desalination-Electronics-Energy (including Renewable)-Engineering)
1 to 4 months.
- The Applicant (i.e., PI) shall hold at least a PhD degree and should be affiliated to a recognized Egyptian university or research institution.
- The researcher shall dedicate one to two working days per week for the execution of the project. The consent of the PI’s institution regarding this condition shall be included in the full proposal.
- The applicant must be supported by the industrial entity’s endorsement letter unless he/she chooses to participate in solving one of the problems listed here.
- This grant shall cover only the honorarium for the researcher which differs according to your position (more details here) and you will know more about it from the contract you sign if accepted to receive this grant.
- Gross monthly payment (corresponding to a part-time one or two days per week) for each project shall conform to STDF researcher honorarium guidelines.
- The beneficiary industrial/service entity shall be responsible for covering any other necessary expenses related to the execution of the project. These include; purchase of equipment, infrastructure, workspaces, machinery, supplies, and consumables, …etc.
First Step: Read the following guidelines carefully.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Sara Khaled Elghandour/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Manar Khattab/Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team