11:59 pm (GMT) on 16 December 2019
Wellcome Photography Prize 2020
Whether you are a professional, student or amateur photographer, you’re invited to enter the Wellcome Photography Prize 2020, which celebrates compelling imagery that will encourage conversations about the health challenges of our time.
For 2020, our theme is Mental Health, which covers two of our five prize categories.
At Wellcome, we believe a radical new approach is needed to transform the science of mental health. And with the prize this year they want to transform public perceptions too. We are particularly interested in how they visually address the issue of people living with or recovering from mental health problem
They are still keen to receive photographs exploring other global health issues that may not relate directly to mental health, in the Social Perspectives, Medicine in Focus and Hidden Worlds categories.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Mental Health
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
Shortlist and winners announced Summer 2020
- The competition is free to enter and you can submit as many images as you like, except for the Mental Health Series category where you can submit a maximum of five.
- You cannot enter the same image in more than one category.
- The story behind your image and the reasons you created it are as important as the image itself.
All images are judged anonymously on the following criteria:
- Visual merit
Strong visual impact.
Thoughtful, considered composition.
Use of color (or intentional lack of color) to enhance impact.
Clear link to health, medicine or science.
Strong story or research project behind the image.
- Technical merit
Good image quality for the type of imaging technique used.
Appropriate and skillful image manipulation/editing, if used.
Submission of high-resolution image suitable for print.
Satisfies the competition terms and conditions.
- The winner of each category will receive £1,250, with the overall winner receiving a prize of £15,000 1وat an awards ceremony in London. All shortlisted images will go on show at a public exhibition in London.
- If you’re a winner, there will be opportunities to showcase your work to a range of audiences. Their winning images receive extensive international media coverage each year.One entrant of the Medicine in Focus category will be invited to produce the Julie Dorrington commission, a photo story exploring and documenting a patient’s journey with their condition.
- You can enter in any of five categories, using any form of photography including documentary, reportage, portrait, landscape, fine art photography or collage.
- Social Perspectives.
- Hidden Worlds.
- Medicine in Focus.
- Mental Health.
- Mental Health (series of up to five images).
First Step: Register an account from here
Second Step: Start your entry (you can save it at any point and come back to it later).
Third Step: Submit your entry by 23:59 (GMT) 16 December 2019.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Hend Kamel / Egypt “
Reviewed by” Rahaf Elkhodary/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team