18 July 2019
Taipei International Design Award 2019
Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design. Here is an open call for outstanding international designs and an effort to shape Taipei into a convergence platform for creative designs.
Taipei City Government has been devoted to shaping Taipei into a city with design visions and has been encouraging designers to contemplate on the meaning of design, to see design as a problem-solving tool, that is, to solve problems inevitably faced by the general public, the society or the city, and to further present Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Industrial design
- Visual communication design
- Public space design
For more information about the categories here
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
- Preliminary Selection Online: 23 July (Tuesday) – 13 August (Tuesday).
- Announcement of Finalists: 16 August (Friday).
- Deadline for Submission of Final Works/Mockups: 16 September (Monday).
- Final Selection: 25 September (Wednesday).
- Award Ceremony: 1 November (Friday).
- Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after 30 June 2017.
- Creativity, innovation.
– Innovative application of functions, materials and techniques.
– Sophistication of the mockups.
– Use of new materials to reduce pollution and solve daily life hassles.
– Level of commercialization.
– Visual attraction and aesthetical interpretation.
- Taipei City Mayor Award for all categories: NTD 600,000.
- Golden Award for each category: NTD 500,000.
- Silver Award for each category: NTD 200,000.
- Bronze Award for each category: NTD 150,000.
- ico-D Excellence Award for Visual Communication Design: NTD10,000.
- IFI Special Award for Public Space Design: NTD10,000.
- Social Design Award for all categories: NTD 150,000.
- Applied Design Award for all categories: NTD 150,000.
- Universal Design Award for all categories: NTD 150,000.
- Judges’ Special Award (5 awards for each category): NTD 10,000.
- People’s Choice Award for each category: NTD 10,000.
- Sponsors Award to be adjusted according to the total sponsored.
- Distinction award: several per category.
- Special Award winners will also receive a trophy and a certificate of recognition; the People’s Choice Award, Sponsors Award, and Distinction winners will receive a certificate of recognition.
First Step: Entrants please proceed to the official website to obtain personal account. After completing on-line registration, you will receive an automatic email of ‘Account Confirmed Notification’. To ensure safe email delivery, please enter into the registration form your email address that is in active use which will receive competition-related information from the event execution body.
Second Step: After obtaining the account, entrants can sign on and upload files before the registration deadline. All files should come in the formats of jpg, png, bmp, under 3MB in size and 1190 x 840 pixels in resolution. Please make sure that all entries should not be marked with creators, authors or companies’ names or other symbols/codes that will impair the selection fairness; violation will lead to disqualification from the competition.
Third Step: After entrants uploading their entries in electronic files, along with design concept description and agreement of “Intellectual property Rights Disclaimer”, the registration procedure is thus completed. The system will send an automatic email of ‘Registration Confirmed Notification’ to the entrant’s email address.
2. Preliminary Selection:
- In order to reduce waste caused by printing or mailing the entries, reception of entries and the preliminary selection will be conducted via our electronic platform. Contestants do not need to submit physical sketch boards.
3. Final Selection:
- Judging will be performed by reviewing the actual works.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Reem Khaled/ Egypt “
Reviewed by “ Doha Elamin/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team