30 June 2020 (11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time)
THE ILLUSTRATORS OF THE FUTURE CONTEST
- L. Ron Hubbard’s Illustrators of the Future Contest is an opportunity for new science fiction and fantasy artists worldwide to have their work judged by some of the masters in the field and discovered by a wide audience.
- Each entrant may submit only one set of illustrations, Winners in each quarter will be individually notified of the results by mail or e-mail.
- Entries in the Illustrators of the Future Contest are judged only by professional artists. Three prizes are awarded each quarter. From the twelve quarterly winners each year the judges select a grand prize winner to receive the L. Ron Hubbard Golden Brush Award and an additional cash prize.
- The Contest is open to new and amateur artists who have not been professionally published and paid for more than three black-and-white story illustrations, or more than one process-color painting, in media distributed broadly to the general public.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
All World Countries
- The Contest is open to entrants from all nations.
- All themes of science fiction and fantasy illustrations are welcome
- No entry fee is required and all rights to the entry remain the property of the artist.
- By submitting to the Contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all Contest rules.
- Each entrant may submit only one set of illustrations in each Contest quarter.
- The entry must be original to the entrant and previously unpublished.
- Winners in previous quarters are not eligible to make further entries.
- There will be three winners. Each winner will receive a cash prize of US $500.
- Winners will also receive eligibility to compete for the annual Grand Prize of $5,000 together with the annual Grand Prize trophy.
First Step: Follow these rules:
- The entry shall consist of three illustrations done by the entrant in a color or black-and-white medium created from the artist’s imagination. Use of gray scale in illustrations and mixed media, computer generated art, and the use of photography in the illustrations are accepted. Each illustration must represent a subject different from the other two.
- ENTRIES SHOULD NOT BE THE ORIGINAL DRAWINGS, but should be color or black-and-white reproductions of the originals of a quality satisfactory to the entrant. Entries must be submitted unfolded and flat, in an envelope no larger than 9 inches by 12 inches.
- All hard copy entries must be accompanied by a self-addressed return envelope of the appropriate size, with the correct US postage affixed. (Non-US entrants should enclose international postage reply coupons.) If the entrant does not want the reproductions returned, the entry should be clearly marked DISPOSABLE COPIES: DO NOT RETURN. A business-size self-addressed envelope with correct postage (or valid e-mail address) should be included so that the judging results may be returned to the entrant. We only accept entries that do not require a delivery signature for us to receive them.
- To facilitate anonymous judging, each of the three photocopies must be accompanied by a removable cover sheet bearing the artist’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and an identifying title for that work. The reproduction of the work should carry the same identifying title on the front of the illustration and the artist’s signature should be deleted. The Contest Administration will remove and file the cover sheets, and forward only the anonymous entry to the judges.
Send your entry electronically, by clicking on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions.
Send your entry via mail to:
L. Ron Hubbard’s Illustrators of the Future Contest
7051 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90028
An entry must be postmarked no later than midnight on the last day of the quarter. Late entries will be included in the following quarter and the Contest Administration will so notify the entrant.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Gehad Omara/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Hager Darwish/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Content Team