1 July 2019.
In & Out Jordan Art Program Open Call- The Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts
The Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts announces the opening of the program “Inside / Outside 19” for the art of public places.
It will provide grants for artists to fund their projects.
The Royal organization of Fine Arts was established in Amman in 1979.
The association organized more than 50 exhibitions in Amman in cooperation with European and American art and cultural institutions such as the Pompidou Center in Paris, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, the Museum of History and Art in Geneva, the Harvard University Museum of Higher Studies.
Forms of participation are divided as following:
a) Model 1, Permanent Public Art: which includes Sculpture, installation, localized works, art intervention or any type of artworks
that can be implemented outdoors, considering its durability and ability to afford keeping it outside.
b) Model 2, Temporary Public Art: which does not have permanent personality due to its ephemeral nature and it includes art
intervention, performance art, community arts, installation, photography, sound art or any other art disciplines.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
English or Arabic.
ALL WORLD COUNTRIES.
– Date of Receiving Proposals: 6 May 2019 to 1 July 2019.
– Interviews with the selected participants will take place on July 2019.
– The accepted applications will be announced after the interviews.
- Each participant is entitled to submit one project only, on condition that the project is original, unpublished and has not participated in other exhibitions or events.
- The project owner should take into consideration the possibility of implementing and exhibiting the work in a public place within Jabal Al-Weibdeh and Al Abdali in Amman, Jordan.
- The project owner should take into consideration the spatial characteristics and the movement of the public as well as bearing in mind heritage conservation and the specificity of the city in which the project will be exhibited.
- The project owner can choose the place in which his/her project will be implemented within the areas provided by the National Gallery (Jabal Al-Weibdeh and Al Abdali).
- Factory/the Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts, is not responsible for:
1) Any loss, theft, damage or any other type of deterioration due to causes beyond their control.
2) Equipment and additional tools provided by the artist.
3) The safety of the artists or their collaborators.
4) The artist will be responsible for the electronic equipment (leased or private), and all additional tools provided by the participant,and should provide Special protection measures.
- Each selected project from model 2 (Temporary Public Art) will receive the sum of up to 700$ USD for its development, production and implementation.
- Each selected artist and group representative will receive a pocket money of 300$ USD.
- The National Gallery will cover the travel and accommodation fees for artists and groups’ representatives coming from abroad.
- In Model 1 (Permanent Public Art), the National Gallery will cover the required fees for material costs and work installation.
- Any works produced during the exhibition period with intellectual property right, the selected artists will have to settle and pay the customs fees to the organizations or representatives Concerned.
- These fees should be taken into consideration within the overall budget of the project.
- In Model 2 (Temporary Public Art), the amount granted (of up to 700$ USD) must cover all costs related to the production and implementation of the project, the National Gallery will provide the required materials and equipment upon request.
- The selected participant has no right to use the granted money for purposes other than the production and implementation of the project and is not entitled to claim an additional amount from the National Gallery.
First Step: All application information must be filled in the “APPLICATION TEMPLATE” from here.
Second Step: Send the PDF format as the only attached document, by email from here .
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Eman Fadel Ali/ Egypt “
Reviewed by” Salma Aittaleb/ Morocco ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team