26 June 2020
The Libra Essay Prize
An annual essay prize for all students in years 12 & 13 looking to prepare for university. The Libra Essay Prize offers a chance to prepare for the academic rigour required by university assignments and provides a great accomplishment to discuss on a personal statement or at interview. With inspiration from the admissions process at All Souls College, Oxford – known as ‘The hardest exam in the world’ – students are required to write an essay responding to one of the single-word essay titles below.
LAND – MORALITY – SPACE – ETERNITY – SOCIETY – SPIRIT
Students are free to choose any subject or combination of subjects for their essay. We recommend students use their imagination to build interesting links between their chosen essay title and their school learning. A student could write an essay on the title ‘Society’ using what they have learned in English and Psychology, or ‘Space’ using their knowledge in Physics or Mathematics. Submitted essays will be judged by a range of academic specialists.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
All World Countries
- The deadline for submission is the 26th of June 2020.
- Winners will be announced on the 10th of July 2020.
- This competition is open to anyone in year 12 or year 13 of UK education or the equivalent in local school systems.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Libra Education will only accept one entry per entrant. Multiple or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Each entry must be:
(a) in English;
(b) an original work of which the entrant is the author and which has not been previously professionally
or commercially published in any language and is not in breach of any third party rights;
(c) a complete essay in itself; (ie not a fragment of a larger work)
- To ensure anonymity for the purposes of a fair judging process, entrants must not include their names on the body of their essay.
- 1st place – £250
- 2nd place – £100
- 3rd place – £50
- All winning essays will be published in full on the Libra Education website.
First Step: Pick one essay title from the options below:
Second Step: Write an essay of between 1,000 – 2,000 words.
Third Step: Submit your essay to [email protected] with your Name, Year Group and School.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
“Gehad Omara/ Egypt“
Reviewed by” Hager Darwish/ Egypt ”
MARJ3 Content Team