6th January 2019
Moonshot Morocco Contest- US Embassy Rabat
Are you talented in design? Want to participate in an exciting new U.S. embassy youth initiative? Oh, and want the chance to win a MacBook Pro while you’re at it? The U.S. Embassy needs your ideas! July 20, 2019 is the 50th anniversary of NASA’s historic Apollo 11 mission, which sent the first human to the moon, and we are celebrating with six months of speakers, films, virtual exchanges and cultural activities to introduce youth to advances in science, technology, and entrepreneurship, and encourage risk-taking and innovation. We are calling this campaign “Moonshot Morocco” in English, because a “moonshot” means doing something “astronomically ambitious” like the moon landing in 1969, or #7ta_7aja_Mab3ida. Can you help us with a design that captures this spirit?
The purpose of the contest is to create a design for the Morocco “Moonshot” contest. The design may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise and other visual collateral.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Graphic Design
On January 6, the U.S. Embassy will select and post on Facebook the three most popular designs. From January 6 until January 13, the social media users will vote for their favorite design.
- To enter the Moonshot Morocco Design Contest, eligible participants must: Create a logo design in .jpeg, .psd or PDF formats (if you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high-resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least 18 years old.– Individuals may submit no more than one entry.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of U.S. Embassy Rabat. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the design are assigned to the U.S. Embassy Rabat.
- An entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided without further permission or compensation.
- U.S. Embassy Rabat has the right to modify the winning design to better fit the needs of the campaign.
- The Moroccan public will suggest a winner but Embassy Rabat reserves the right to confirm the winner.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
- The creator of the winning design will receive an Apple MacBook Pro and an invitation to the Moroccan “Moonshot” event on January 29, 2019 in Rabat.
First Step: Follow these guidelines in creating the design.
- Use the phrase “Moonshot Morocco” somewhere in the design
- Feature the hashtag #7ta_7aja_Mab3ida prominently in the design
- Incorporate a connection to the United States
- Incorporate a connection to Morocco
- Incorporate a connection to space exploration
- Incorporate a connection to the theme of risk taking and innovation
Second Step: Submit your entry to [email protected] by Sunday, January 6, 2019.
Know more about this opportunity:
To learn how to write CV, Essays, Personal statement, and know about recommendation letters click here:
Marj3 recommended links
This Scholarship Published by:
” Salma Aittaleb/ Morocco “
Reviewed by” Waad Othman/ Syria ”
MARJ3 Scholarships team